Menu
slix007
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Losing Volume for a few seconds on VM box

Ive tried unplugging all cables, restarting the VM tivo box and reinserting the virgin card. Is this a common problem and would a replacement VM tivo box sort this issue? Thanks all.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Losing Volume for a few seconds on VM box

Hi slix007,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're having sound troubles with the TiVo®.  I'll b e happy to help check this out for you.

Can you please get back to me with the following information:

*  Does the sound loss occur on all channels or specific channels?

*  Have you tried a different HDMI lead?  (This will rule out a possible faulty lead)

*  Do you have any audio equipment connected?  If yes, can you disconnect this equipment and let me know if the same happens without it connected?

If you can let me know I can help further.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
slix007
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette. Thanks for the reply.

I've worked through the steps you recommended and can confirm that the occasional volume loss still occurs every hour or two.

Please advise.
0 Kudos
slix007
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Still an issue awaiting a fix.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there slix007, 

Thank you for coming back to us on this, and apologies for the delay in getting back to you. 

I'm sorry to hear that the suggestions that Collette advised made no difference, and I'd now like to look towards booking a technician to call out and investigate further for you. 

I've sent you a private message in order to get the ball rolling with this, please look to the top right of this page, where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once again.

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules