Menu
Terruta
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Local TV News in HD

I live in Brinsley, and when the BBC News in HD finishes, the screen then carries a message to say that they are unable to show the local BBC news in HD, so switch to SD.  I thought this was a BBC problem until I was at my daughter's in Giltbrook, and their BBC News HD service continued in HD for the local news.  So it seems it may be a Virgin Media problem.  Does anyone know the solution?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Local TV News in HD

There are currently no BBC english regions with HD output except London, & even then you can only see the HD version during the Breakfast programme on the BBC news channel, not on BBC1 HD. On satellite there are only 4 BBC HD regions broadcast (England, Wales Scotland & NI).

At the moment the agreement with the BBC trust is that english regional BBC1 HD services will be rolled out within the next charter period starting 2017, along with BBC2 HD national regions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/aboutthebbc/entries/aa333a07-d7a5-495c-8243-7963e8ec1225

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

It's the same on Sky, only some regions are provided with local news in HD.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There are currently no BBC english regions with HD output except London, & even then you can only see the HD version during the Breakfast programme on the BBC news channel, not on BBC1 HD. On satellite there are only 4 BBC HD regions broadcast (England, Wales Scotland & NI).

At the moment the agreement with the BBC trust is that english regional BBC1 HD services will be rolled out within the next charter period starting 2017, along with BBC2 HD national regions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/aboutthebbc/entries/aa333a07-d7a5-495c-8243-7963e8ec1225

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile