Menu
richard49
Up to speed
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Lip Sync Issues - AGAIN!

Hello,

I've been doing some research on this topic through this forum and can see that I'm not the only one having this problem.

My main problem is with BBC1 on 101 in that the lip sync is noticeably out.

If I switch over to BB1 HD on 108 there isn't a lip sync issue.

I can't watch BBC 1 on 101 all the time because local programs (London area) aren't broadcast on BBC 1 HD.

I have changed the audio settings but it hasn't helped.....

Home > Help & Settings> Settings > Audio > Dolby Digital

Then select "Dolby Digital to PCM"

I can't tell you if there are any lip sync issues with other channels as I tend to watch BBC most of the time.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lip Sync Issues - AGAIN!

Hi I am having the same issue on the sky sports channels,both HD and SD

this has happened in the past so it's not new

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi richard49, 

Thanks for posting here. 

Apologies for the issues you are having with BBC 1. Is there anyway you are able to switch to a different channel to see if you're getting it elsewhere too?

Another option, are you able to switch from using an optical cable to a HDMI cable to see if this helps?

We are aware of a fault and we are working to fix it but it may take some time. The HDMI is just a temporary work around. 

Keep us posted on how you get on.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Kath

its happening with me on sky sports live and I use HDMI,can you look into my machine?

0 Kudos
richard49
Up to speed
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Kath,

Thank you for your reply; I'm loath to start changing cables around just to change them back later on.

To be perfectly honest, I'm paying a lot of money and the service should work as expected.

This is a well known problem that I have had as have many others (going by the forum posts) so Virgin have know about it for some time now and haven't solved the problem.

As I stated, the lip sync seems to be (mainly) on channel 101 whereas 108 has no such issues.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi anthony_b,

Thanks for coming by, I'm sorry that you'e getting sound issues on your channels.

I will be happy to help check this out for you.

I have checked your box remotely and there are signal issues that will be causing disruption.  In order to fix this I would like to arrange for an engineer to call out for you.

I'll send all the details in a private message.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

0 Kudos
CooperS
Joining in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I am having the same issues. My problem appears to be on all channels. I bought a new TV and took it back to the shop because of the issue (thought it was the TV) replacement done the same and was sent to manufacturer (lg) who found no fault. Unhappy we changed to a Sony which has the same issue. I am connected with hdmi, can my box be tested remotely or any other guidance be offered as this is becoming unbearable. I don't want to move from Virgin as I am extremely happy with the Internet service. Tbanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi CooperS, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Forums. It's great to have you here.

I'm really sorry to hear about the Lip sync issues you are currently having with your service. 

Just to ensure we are getting all the information can you advise me on the following:

Do you have any other equipment, such as surround sound, connected? 

When going into the Settings on the TiVo®, does changing Dolby Digital > PCM make any difference?

Let me know so we can look into this further for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

CooperS
Joining in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi kath

Thanks for the reply. I have a sound bar hooked up, although the issue exists when this is also disconnected. The tivo settings change makes no difference. I have also tried the box reset.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi CooperS,

Cheers for coming back to the Community here. 

I'd like to help and I've been looking into the connection on both services and I can see that some of your Upstream power levels are looking a little off here.

I'd like to help remedy the situation by sending out an engineer.

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little red envelope near the top left of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos