Menu
hanjrich
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Limited programmes vs internet & snail speed of loading/changing channel

Hi

I am pretty appalled having been convinced to spend nearly £100 per month that I have nowwhere near the choice of programmes compared to me going on the internet to exactly the same source eg itvhub, bbc iplayer, 4ondemand - how can this be right and why would i pay for virgin?  Further, now I avoid watching thing wherethey have to upload iplayer/youtube/netflix etc as it takes so long whirring away before they load.  I would understand it more if my internet connection was slow but I end up muting the tv and loading it on my ipad direct from relevant app - which completely negates the whole point of having virgin.  To be honest, I want to get a refund and reduce the package to a minimum.  

Can anyone offer me any advice or whether they experience similar?  

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Limited programmes vs internet & snail speed of loading/changing channel

I find the best approach is to record what you want to watch and watch it at your convenience, rather than rely on on demand / catchup facilities which are unreliable and only have a 30 day viewing window.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Limited programmes vs internet & snail speed of loading/changing channel

Hi hanjrich, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue using your services. 

In terms of content, we do upload and show anything and everything that we have a licence to show. You will find some differences as broadcasters will keep some things to themselves to ensure consumers are using their products to. 

Take Catch Up TV for example, we only have a licence for 7 days where as most broadcasters keep for 28 days. 

In terms of the issues you have been having, I have taken a look at your account and your TiVo® is looking a little ill. The input levels aren't where they should be, there is a high number of timeouts and the power levels could do with some adjusting too. 

We'll need to get an engineer out to you to resolve these issues. I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Finally we would only offer credit if there was a total loss of service for 24 hours or more. We would also need you to report the issues to us so we can fix them. In this circumstance, credit wouldn't be offered. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos