Menu
kezziebeat
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Late night recordings interrupted

Every week me and my partner record the two WWE programmes that are on past midnight.

I've read that sometimes Tivo boxes reboot themselves between midnight and 7am.

Is there any way to stop this happening? Our recordings keep getting interrupted and picked back up again 5 minutes later, not the best viewing!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Late night recordings interrupted

the tivo boxes shouldn't reboot if a recording is going on.
0 Kudos
kezziebeat
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Right okay,

Is there any other reason why the recordings are stopping and picking up again 5 minutes later?

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

our box has always rebooted when recording. ok it is during the night but i am usually up and the tvo is recording films. it's only once or maybe twice a week, but as with kezziebeat we lose a few minutes of the recording. however, it's not at the top of my list of moans in life so just accept it.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi kezziebeat, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. I'm really sorry to hear that late night TiVo® reboots are causing you an issue. Smiley Sad 

Checking your account, your input levels are a little out and there are a very high number of timeouts recorded. Both these could indeed be why the box keeps rebooting. 

We will need to get an engineer out to take a look at things for you. I have sent you a private message.  Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos