Menu
trebor1234
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Lack of New Movie releases

Hello

I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed a dramatic drop in the number of new Virgin Movie releases (on Demand). Every Monday for the last ~15 years I could be assured to see up to 2-5 pages of new Movies each week (typically 10 to 25 new Movie releases).

However, since the start of 2017, there are either no new movie releases or maybe one or two new releases per week.

I can probably count on two hands the total number of new Virgin on Demand Movies since 1st January to 1st March.

Could this be an issue with my TiVo box as its one of the early generations of this equipment?

Or maybe its a new version of HDCP which my older TiVo Box doesn't support (guess) so I am not being delivered new Movie titles by Virgin over-the-cable?

Annoyed Movie fan...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lack of New Movie releases

Hi trebor1234

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch, we're always looking for ways to improve the service and your feedback has been taken on board. 

We'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
trebor1234
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I guess your reply is as close as I am going to get to an answer from a forum. 

On another subject to do with Virgin Movies, why is that I can't get access to On Demand Virgin Movies online?

I have searched this web site high and low and this feature is nowhere to be found anymore. Instead the only option I have from the online services is Sky Cinema.

I seemed to recall that Virgin Movies was available online allowing you to rent Videos and watch them on your PC or tablet just like the on demand renting service offered by Sky on their web site?

Or, has the monopoly of Sky in the UK got so bad that you had to stop this service, because Sky has all of the UK party politicians paid off?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi trebor1234, 

Thanks coming back to us on this. 

Currently the only Movies we have available on demand are from the Sky Cinema channels. 

As mentioned by Craig above, we are always looking at ways to improve things and have a few things coming your way soon. 

Keep your eyes and ears close to the ground on this. We'll update you when we can. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos