Menu
Stacey54
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

LD30 and LD40 error codes

Box will not turn on, it states that it is going to turn on but the screen stays blank.. i have pressed the standby button for 4 seconds until Stop appears but this doesnt resolve the issue, it just says stop for ever, I have changed the boxes around, the one upstairs is now down stairs and visa versa, the other works fine in both rooms but this doesnt work in either room, this bow is faulty and it needs replacing .. could you check it online for me.. send me a new box or arrange an engineer to come and look at it for me Thankyou ..

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: LD30 and LD40 error codes

If its a V+, holding the down arrow (bottom) on the circular buttons on the front of the box may trigger the boot sequence. If not then CS may be able to send a "hit" to the box to wake it up. Failing that replacement is the only option. 

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If its a V+, holding the down arrow (bottom) on the circular buttons on the front of the box may trigger the boot sequence. If not then CS may be able to send a "hit" to the box to wake it up. Failing that replacement is the only option. 

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Stacey54
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The box is now showing green light and showing channel number but still i have no screen, or blank black screen I will keep my eye on it and maybe reply again tomorrow. Boot sequence maybe initialised.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you can try another HDMI or SCART lead connection to the TV to eliminate this as an issue, it may help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Stacey54,

Welcome to the community.

I have been able to locate your account and I can see your box is showing online and on a channel but I would just like to check whether you have a picture now otherwise I would like to send one of the team out to take a look at this for you.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
No1zzrrider
Settling in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I’m having similar problems. Mostly getting Ld:30 and Ld:40 codes but then the box will scroll through several other codes switch off and on but never gets to start properly. Can you test from your end? Suspect I need a new box, this one is pretty old, it’s a Samsung V box SMT-2110C.

Thanks in advance 

Steve

0 Kudos
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No1zzrrider wrote:

Hi, I’m having similar problems. Mostly getting Ld:30 and Ld:40 codes but then the box will scroll through several other codes switch off and on but never gets to start properly. Can you test from your end? Suspect I need a new box, this one is pretty old, it’s a Samsung V box SMT-2110C.

Thanks in advance 

Steve

Most likely a box fault but could also be a signal issue or an area fault. Can you log into My Virgin Media and check the service status?

If no issues reported call it in as a fault on 150 or 0345 454 1111 and they'll either post a TiVo box out or send an engineer round depending on what they see from their end.

As a side note, if you've still got one of those boxes it means you're on an old legacy package and will likely be overpaying for your services. May be worth speaking to Retentions to see if you can reduce your monthly bill and get new equipment that way, as all new deals come with TiVo or V6 as a requirement. To reach this team select the "thinking of leaving us" option when you ring up.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi No1zzrrnder,

Welcome to the community. Smiley Happy

I can see that you have contacted us since you lasted posted which is great to see.  I hope all is working ok now for you.  Should you need us for anything further, you know where to find us.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos