Menu
dave_bass5
Dialled in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Just upgraded to V6, no one came to install it because apparently our BB speed (150mb) isn't good enough.

I upgraded on line on Sat, and was given two install dates (yesterday and today) in an email. When no one turned up we called VM, only to be told no install was booked and there was a note on our account to say our 150 mb/s broadband wasnt fast enough. This is disgusting treatment from this company. As a very long standing customer i think its about time to move on. I know for a fact that our speed is more than fast enough, and now we have no idea if we can get it or whats happening. VM took out order knowing what services we have, and at the very least could have told us its not going to happen. Ive missed so many days off work over the years due to no show's by VM engineers, this is the last straw.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Just upgraded to V6, no one came to install it because apparently our BB speed (150mb) isn't ...

Hi Dave
Thanks for providing me with the details I needed to support you. I've just dropped a pm back to you. Hope to hear back soon Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

All Replies
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just upgraded to V6, no one came to install it because apparently our BB speed (150mb) isn't good eno

The new bundles come with 100 or 200meg, I'm guessing you have to move to one of those tiers
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just upgraded to V6, no one came to install it because apparently our BB speed (150mb) isn't good eno

jb66 wrote:
The new bundles come with 100 or 200meg, I'm guessing you have to move to one of those tiers

That seems to be the system not knowing its arse from its elbow.

If you need a basic minimum of 100Mbps and you have 150Mbps that seems quite acceptable to me.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
dave_bass5
Dialled in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

If that is the case then thats even worse, as VM should not have let us just order the box without changing our BB speed. My issue isnt so much with not getting the V6, i can live with that, its the way this has been handled and the two days (as of today) that we have wasted.
0 Kudos
dave_bass5
Dialled in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Exactly, and im happy to drop down to 100 if that will save a bit of money as well.

I now have to go through either calling them again and talking to an idiot (99% chance of them being just this IME) when it should have been sorted out when i ordered. More time wasting coming up.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just upgraded to V6, no one came to install it because apparently our BB speed (150mb) isn't ...

Hi dave_bass5

Thanks for dropping by with your post about the install issues for the V6

I agree with @frank_gm here. Not the elbow bit Smiley Happy but the fact is you should have been able to upgrade to the V6 on the speed you are on as the 150Mb is the existing customer benefit speeds that other XL broadband customers get the 100Mb speeds on.

You may have had to have changed the speed offering to the front book 100Mb speeds in order to apply for this as part of your package however. That is something the Care teams can look into for you if you contact them either via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat  where our teams can clear security with you and work to sort this out for you.

Additionally I am going to send a pm to you to see if I can support you any further with the installation of the V6 box query you have here.

Hope to speak soon Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
dave_bass5
Dialled in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen. Thanks for the reply. Ill PM you with my details in a bit but wanted to update this thread, as im really not impressed with VM's practices and feel it should be public to warn others. I spoke to CS and they said it wasn't the speed that was an issue, it was the cost. For me to get the V6 at the price VM offered it to me, and took my order at this price, i had to upgrade to the top speed BB package. Obviously this would cost me quite a bit more and i dont want that speed. The other option is to drop down to to 100mb/s, but still have to pay full price for the V6. Again a price increase of much more than what i was offered on the website. Again, it was VM that made a big deal about how i could get this box for 3p a month increase, and took my order. The fact that i lost two days earning by sitting at home, when no order was actually taken at VM end is not good. The least VM could do is notify me that the order didn't go through, call me with an explanation or just honour the order. I called retentions and i was offered a slow buggy Tivo box and a price reduction to my contract. Thats not what i originally wanted though. I was told i had to take a TiVO box if i wanted a price reduction, but all i wanted was a V6 box, ive held off on getting Tivo as i dont know anyone that thinks its a good box (its very slow). Seems mad that you can knock £20 a month off my bill, and give me an "upgrade", but wont let me have a V6 even though him paying almost £90 a month already. Anyway, rant over, in 12 months time i think it will be time to move my TV service on to another company. Ive been with VM since the days of Telewest/Blueyonder, but it seems loyalty just isnt rewarded any more. Dave.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave

Thanks for getting back in touch with us with your update about the offer.

I appreciate that this is not what you want with us and you do as an existing customer have a 14 day right to cancel if the offer you have been given is not what you agreed to or one that you are happy with.

The V6 is developed and powered by TiVo® and whilst it has obvious advantages and upgrades that the TiVo® does not which are great, essentially the software is the same.

On the VIP package or the Full House 200Mb upgrading one of your boxes to a V6 Box works out for existing customers at  £49.95 + a £14.99 activation fee.

On the Full House 100 + below upgrading one of your boxes to a V6 Box works out for an existing customer at £99.95 + £14.99 activation fee.

One of our brilliant Superusers @PrinterElf has also added this information to a post on the community if you need to look into further pricing combinations and it explains the majority of the charging combinations we currently offer to our customers. TiVo V6 Pricing - Explained

Given that initially you have been offered a different option via the site when you originally looked into this I'll continue to support you via the pm that you have got back to me on earlier and if you could get back in touch with me on this that would be great. I'll do everything I can to help out.

Thanks again and speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
dave_bass5
Dialled in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Karen. Ive just sent you a PM with the order details. Dave.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Dave
Thanks for providing me with the details I needed to support you. I've just dropped a pm back to you. Hope to hear back soon Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team