Menu
Mark_W_R
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Just ordered installation

Two questions: 1) do I need to liaise with my 'old' telephone provider or does Virgin take care of it all?; 2) can the installation be fed through my computer/monitor rather than a tv set? 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Just ordered installation

You should cancel any Broadband contract with your current provider, & if you are NOT transferring your telephone number, the telephone as well. If you are transferring your number, Virgin will deal with this & the cancellation will go through as part of that transfer.

If you have a monitor with an HDMI socket, you can use this to view the output from a TiVO box providing it can display the correct frame rates for broadcast TV. Feeding through a computer is another matter, as the copy protection used will likely not allow this.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You should cancel any Broadband contract with your current provider, & if you are NOT transferring your telephone number, the telephone as well. If you are transferring your number, Virgin will deal with this & the cancellation will go through as part of that transfer.

If you have a monitor with an HDMI socket, you can use this to view the output from a TiVO box providing it can display the correct frame rates for broadcast TV. Feeding through a computer is another matter, as the copy protection used will likely not allow this.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Mark_W_R
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for answering both questions: I am transferring the number and also have HDMI on my monitor - so both areas are clarified and I'm set to go.
0 Kudos