Menu
bazander
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Joshua / Whyte - Box office event not in HD

I paid the full price for the box office on Saturday night for Joshua / Whyte, however it was like watching through tissue paper. As much as I tried and serached around I could not find the box office event on HD.

I have seen better quality illegal internet stream.

I do have a 65" TV, so anything but HD is absolutly atrocious.

Was I doing something wrong? where do you find the box office in HD???????

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Joshua / Whyte - Box office event not in HD

Virgin Media don't currently offer Box Office PPV events in HD.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
bazander
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for the info, but surely cant be right, they charge the same as sky, but in sh!t quality, and I was very specific about when I joined that I needed everything in HD.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As far as I'm aware Sky set the prices for Box Office events. Whether or not Sky then provide Virgin Media with Box Office HD will part of the commercial agreement currently in place between the two companies.

It's up to Sky to want to provide Virgin Media with Box Office HD and it's then up to Virgin Media to agree to the commercial terms to then provide it to their customers.

For whatever reason, that commercial agreement is not currently in place, so Virgin Media can currently only offer Sky Box Office events in SD.

Do appreciate it's not ideal, but it is where it is. Virgin Media can't force Sky to provide them with Box Office HD, and I wouldn't expect that Sky can't force Virgin Media to carry it. It's an agreement between the two companies.

0 Kudos
bazander
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Again Cheers, I understand what your saying.

BUT - when I signed up, I explained that I required all HD, and was then quoted the extra money ontop of the big Kahuna package to ensure all my sports would be in HD..................then I find sport not in HD.

The guy even told me that 4k was just around the corner (which Im very interested in), and that VM would get it first as its easier to push down a cable than send via satelite.

Think its time for another phone call......................bet they give me all the sh!t about signing a 12 month contract.......this 12 month crontract hasnt stopped them put the price up though has it.......3 months after my package started. I really am started to feel as if Ive been ripped off.

Like in my other post - series link after first recording then reverts back to SD for all further recording................how totally crap is that

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

bazander wrote:

BUT - when I signed up, I explained that I required all HD, and was then quoted the extra money ontop of the big Kahuna package to ensure all my sports would be in HD..................then I find sport not in HD.

All Sky Sports linear channels are available in HD, and that's the extra per month you're paying for. Sky Box Office PPV is separate.

0 Kudos