Menu
animal66
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It seems this smartcard is invalid

Hi guys and gals. I just recently got around to installing my samsung V+ hd box again after having it lying dormant for a while, and i get the above message come up. I have rebooted the box several times and the message keeps appearing. Is there anything i can do to get it working again or is it fubar'd?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: It seems this smartcard is invalid

Hi there animal66, 

I'm sorry to hear that you've been getting the invalid smart card error, this would've been caused by the V+ box being powered off for some time. The box needs to stay in regular contact with our servers in order to stay activated. 

I've run some checks and it appears as if the V+ box is powered off at the moment, I've sent some signals down the line in order to refresh everything on the box, these can take up to 24 hours to complete, though will normally be a lot quicker. When you can, please power on the V+ box, and let me know if you're seeing any issues. 

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

animal66
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying Huw. I turned the box on this morning, went downstairs for a cuppa, and when i had come back, all was working. I am a happy bunny, so thank you for your help and assistance, mucho appreciato

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me on this animal66, 

Glad to hear that all is working as it should for you, hope you enjoyed the cuppa too Smiley Happy 

Happy to have been of assistance 

Cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos