Menu
ADhadenough
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Is three months to repair unreasonable ?

Been a VM customer forever, but so frustrated with service now. Phoned 8/12/16, reported picture freezing and pixelating, told would be checked, phoned 12/12/16, as no better. Engineer attended 20/12/16, diagnosed cable faulty, and requires replacing, given date of 2/1/17, phoned VM to confirm , engineer had arranged new cable for 2/1/18 by mistake, New cable date 21/1/17 between 8-1, phoned to confirm, was given 1-6pm ?. 21/1/17, Cable guys appeared 8.30 am,,pulled cable, disconnected service and left. Contacted VM at 5.30pm, to see if anyone was coming to complete job, told engineer on way. Engineers arrived 6..45pm, had to show them where access box was, they pulled in new cable, but not long enough to run where required so had to run across patio, connected , TV and BB on, but no phone, told me install team had damaged new cable so no phone, also install team had chopped cable in morning, on accident, and that is why I was cut off early Sat morning. Phoned VM , 23/1/17, to find out when phone repair would be, was told required another new cable required, earliest date available, 8/3/17, three months after original call !!!. Spoke customer service , could barely understand, asked if I would be expected to pay for substandard service, and no phone, was told no phone charges until repaired , inaudible comments about TV ?, so I am not sure what I am paying for during this period. To add insult, TV signal is pixelating and freezing again, so using Freeview. I've had to make contact using mobile, scared to look at charges , 50 plus minutes, am I being unreasonable, does my VM loyalty mean nothing , and finally, is 3 months an unreasonable amount of time to get a repair completed, considering it was exasperated by VM cable guys. GGgggrrrrrr !!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is three months to repair unreasonable ?

Hi ADhadenough, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've been having an issue with your services Smiley Sad 

It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. 

Even though progress may seem slow to you, at this end there would have been multiple plans put in place. We'll need to create a plan for costs and submit this. After this has been approved, we then need to get the relevant permits from local councils. If these fail, we need to go back to the drawing board and try again. 

I understand it's frustrating however we're not able to give an exact time frame. As soon as permits are accepted we'll have a better idea. For an update on this, feel free to come back to us or speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Apologies again,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If that had been me I would have been gone after 2 weeks
0 Kudos
ADhadenough
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kath_F  for reply, i think i made it sound too complicated, but basically , had poor picture, VM replaced cable, now have no phone and poor picture , after basic cable repull, rescheduled repair 8 March, originally reported 8 December , can't be right. Contract ends in March, can give notice to quit February, too expect to be without phone for six weeks is unacceptable, but customer service seems to think its ok. Back to Bt I think.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello ADhadenough,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I have further information regarding your repull so I'm just going to send you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos