Menu
DianeE
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Is it normal for my new V+ box to make so much noise? It's driving me mad

It is constantly noisy even when in standby mode, that bad I am thinking about cancelling before its to late and going back to sky 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is it normal for my new V+ box to make so much noise? It's driving me mad

Issues like this are treated as faults, so contact VM about it. It can sometimes be the hard drive, but is more than likely the cooling fan at the back. Something as simple as putting the vacuum round there might solve the issue.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi DianeE,

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community Forum and thanks for your post. I am sorry to hear that your V+ box is making a loud noise. **Apologies as I originally noted this as a TiVo® box** We normally get posts about the TiVo® being loud. Problems with a noisy V+ box is more rare.

I would like to look into this further for you, but I am unable to access your account via your Forum details, so I'm unable to run remote testing on your equipment. 

If you would like for me to check your V+ to see if we can get this noise fixed, please let me know. I'll be more than happy to help. 

Nodrogd provided you with great advice, as well. There are numerous posts discussing this very same issue. While it could be a fault with the V+ hard-drive, the noise could be fan related or vibrations caused by the box "feet" on various surfaces. Please feel free to browse through the Community using our Search feature at the top of this page to see all the different posts and advice.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the red envelope at the top of this page. 

Many thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi DianeE,

I'm checking back with you as I haven't received a response since my last PM to you.

Please let me know if I can look into this issue further.

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Bee18
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

it is normally a fault with the hardware, needs to be replaced.

0 Kudos