Menu
merlin112
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is anyone else paying this much?

Hi, I think we are paying too much for our media package.

We currently have the XL deal with skysports 1&2, Tivo and 2 V+ boxes, basic phone package - talk weekends, and superfast broadband which we were told was upgraded at no extra cost and we are paying a mighty £121 a month for.

I have checked with other media subscribers and they are paying anything between £70 and &90 for similar deals and they have the full sports package.

Virgin are offering the same package to new customers at &65.49 a month for 12 months and then £83.50 a month after that, this will also include line rental though and is for one extra box not two but is still a lot better deal than I am on now.

What does everyone else think? Should I move onto a different provider?

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is anyone else paying this much?

merlin112 wrote:

Hi, I think we are paying too much for our media package.

We currently have the XL deal with skysports 1&2, Tivo and 2 V+ boxes, basic phone package - talk weekends, and superfast broadband which we were told was upgraded at no extra cost and we are paying a mighty £121 a month for.

I have checked with other media subscribers and they are paying anything between £70 and &90 for similar deals and they have the full sports package.

Virgin are offering the same package to new customers at &65.49 a month for 12 months and then £83.50 a month after that, this will also include line rental though and is for one extra box not two but is still a lot better deal than I am on now.

What does everyone else think? Should I move onto a different provider?

You should call 150 and point out the discrepancies.  They will probably reduce the monthly charge and replace one of the V+ boxes with Tivo gratis. That's what my brother in law did after we compared bills.

0 Kudos
richc2005
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm at the end of my contract so looking at my options. My current package, plus sports and movies, is quite a good price for new customers so I called customer services to try and get that. Sadly, but not surprisingly, I was offered a price far in excess of the new customer deal and 'reminded' that I got a new customer deal once (a few years ago)! I've now given my obligatory 30 days notice to cancel and having Sky re-installed at that time - it's a shame as I've been generally happy with Virgin but the rival deal is pretty impressive.

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

richc2005 wrote:

... 'reminded' that I got a new customer deal once (a few years ago)! 

Not sure I ever got one. I started about thirteen years ago and they were NTL then.   I even remember penny movies!

0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have the full Kahuna (152MB etc), two Tivo boxes, with HD, Sky sports and movies.

We pay 94 pounds a month, after paying for the line rental in advance which was 100 or so (I can't quite remember).

This works out less than 120 pounds, but I remember spending quite a bit of time with the telephone operator to get this.

0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

update October-

With my old rebate gone and my new one started along with the increased costs coming online...I am now at 107 per month

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi machineghost,

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I'm pleased to hear you've managed to negotiate a slightly cheaper deal. I assume this includes a new 12 month contract.

Hope you continue to enjoy our services over the next year and beyond.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos