Menu
barklayrisa2
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Is VM having intermittent drop out with their TV service?

Is VM having intermittent drop out with their TV service?

Their status page says the TV is ok but there are problems in my area with broadband and phone. Both of which I'm not experiencing strangly enough.

Also, is there an intermittent problem with sound? Mine seems to drop off to a low level. Then if I change channel or mute the sound then put it back on it rectifies it.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is VM having intermittent drop out with their TV service?

It may be possible the hot weather is causing some cabinet equipment to overheat. If the situation persists, give VM a ring.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
mikeb77
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Give them a ring ? You're having a laugh right ? After going through their tedious monotonous introduction service, I was informed by a pre-recorded message from a patronising bint (you all know the voice) that everyone (that means both operators) were busy and it might take up to ONE minutes to answer my call.

That was THIRTY TWO minutes ago to find out why catch up tv is not available (again) it appears there is something wrong with their server (again) what server do they actually use for catch up ? A Commodore C64 ? Or a Sinclair ZX Spectrum ?

I swear I only use catch up about once every 2 weeks and every bleeping time it either freezes or is not available.

Counting the days to end of year contract so I can switch to SKY ! I can't believe I'm  paying over £ 100 a month for the package I have considering the appalling  quality of service. .

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

To be fair, if the call queues are that long then I would begin to associate that with an outage causing mass numbers of customers to call in. My VOD also failed outright last night for a couple of hours. It self-resolved by about 10pm if I remember rightly.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there barlayrisa2, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having an issue with the sound though your TV service. I've run some testing on your connection and can not see any reason for this at the moment, so it may well be as nodrogd said, a local cabinet was overheating. 

Are you still getting issues. if so let me know so I can take another look into this for you. 

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos