Menu
Declanworld
Superfast
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Irish TV Listings

I'm looking at the on-line listings for my package (M+) and area (N. Ireland).

Please tell me why the Irish channels, RTÉ1, RTÉ2 and TG4 (875 -877) aren't on display.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Irish TV Listings

As is becoming the norm with Virgin Media  its pointless using the information they give you. If you go

HERE

You can set up your own profile and have the channels in the order you desire. Including full details of region specific VM channels. If only VM had a facility like that, eh?

Declanworld
Superfast
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kippies.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Declanworld

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about the fact that the Irish channels are not available  on the Virgin Media channel listing.  It's great you are enjoying the amazing channel line up we are providing for you.

The reason for this is as they fall under the Republic of Irelands broadcasting network, and not the UK's they wouldn't be included in our channel listings.

I hope this helps with your query.  If you have any further queries regarding this please feel free to let us know.

Thanks again.

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Declanworld
Superfast
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Huw.

Still it's odd that these channel listings appear on the TV Anywhere app but not on VM website's TV Anywhere page.

Regards

Declan

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Huw_B wrote:

Hi Declanworld

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about the fact that the Irish channels are not available  on the Virgin Media channel listing.  It's great you are enjoying the amazing channel line up we are providing for you.

The reason for this is as they fall under the Republic of Irelands broadcasting network, and not the UK's they wouldn't be included in our channel listings.

I hope this helps with your query.  If you have any further queries regarding this please feel free to let us know.

Thanks again.

Huw

WT actual F?

Hes a subscriber to the VM M+ package, which carries these channels. So they should be in the VM M+ listings..

They are on every other listings site under VM M+ (you know they being included as part of a VM package, through VM's TiVo) but other than that the fact they are "foreign" is TOTALLY relevant....

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, 

Thanks for coming back to us about this. 

Checking on the TV Listings page via TV Anywhere online and via the iOS app, i'm not seeing these channels listed. 

I've been able to find RTE Radio but not the other 3 you have listed above. Checking what channels are available in the M+ package, I can see the 3 channels there. 

I'll need to do a little more digging on this to find out what's going on. 

I've sent an email over to one of our expert teams to find out what they know on this Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Declanworld
Superfast
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Kath. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Declanworld
Superfast
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Any word on this?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Declanworld,

Thanks for your patiences and coming back to us Smiley Happy

Kath is not office in at the moment, I will be happy to give her a nudge when she is next in and find out what the latest is.

We'll be in touch with an update very soon.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out