Menu
theimposter1979
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Iplayer- black screen and no sound!

I have this problem on the tv but not on my phone/ laptop. Pain in the back side when trying to catch up on Glastonbury! Anyone else have this problem?

0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Iplayer- black screen and no sound!

Try powering off the digital decoder, TiVo box or whatever you have. Restart it and then try iPlayer again. 

0 Kudos
theimposter1979
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This works but is only a short term fix. I managed to watch one programme on the iplayer after rebooting then the next one I tried had a black screen. Not sure what's wrong but shouldn't have to do this every time?!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi theimposter1979,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a blank picture on BBC iPlayer frequently.  I'd like to help check this out for you as you shouldn't have to reboot each time this happens.

I have connected to your box remotely and it is currently showing 'offline'.  I am unable to get a full reading right now.  Can you please confirm if the box was turned on or off at the time of this post?  Once confirmed I can help further.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
theimposter1979
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

It may have been off on Thursday. I will make sure I leave the box on so you can check and report back 

thanks

jamie

0 Kudos