Menu
CT1234
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Invalid smartcard

I've had the same problem as posted on the forum with the invalid smartcard error. Have twice called Virgin, waited around 20 mins in queue only to be cut off twice! How on earth do I get this sorted? ! Just checking when I'm out of contract with Virgin😈!
Tags (1)
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Invalid smartcard

Hello CT1234,

Sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing with your Virgin box and a warm welcome to the community.

I have been able to locate your account so I would just like to check which box you're experiencing this issue with and is it still the same after a mains reboot?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
CT1234
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, it is the box in my bedroom so not the main tivo box. I have tried switching everything off and then on again but get the same error message.

What's the next step please?
Caroline
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi CT1234,

Thanks for the response!

I've sent a signal to the HD box to try and resolve the smartcard issue. All I need you to do is reboot the box.

Just switch it off at the mains, leave it off for a couple of minutes, then switch it back on.

Let me know if that sorts it!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
CT1234
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh

Unfortunately no, have done as you suggested but getting a message saying no signal. Have checked and rechecked all connections. 😢 Caroline
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI Caroline,

Sorry to hear that hasn't sorted it.

The next step would be to get one of our technicians out to take a look. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos