Menu
Frazerglover
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Invalid smartcard error after rebooting v box hd

I've turned the v box on after a lengthy time switched off and an error message stating "it seems this smartcard is invalid" appears on Virgin channels

How can this be fixed?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Invalid smartcard error after rebooting v box hd

Either call into 150 / 0345 454 1111 and report a TV fault. Or wait for a member of the Forum Team here to pick up on your topic (they can also sort it.) Those are the most convenient options.

Or, use the Contact Us page, between 9AM to 5PM, from a desktop or laptop device: http://contact.virginmedia.com/ -> TV -> Loss of my TV service. Click the "Chat Online" button. Get the all agents are busy message? Either reload the page in three or so minutes and check again. Or, leave the page open until you get a chat prompt.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Frazerglover, 

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you're getting an invalid smartcard error on you V box. This is normally caused when the V box has been powered off for some time, as the box needs to stay in regular contact with our servers. 

I've run some testing on the box this morning and can see that it is currently showing as offline, please let me know if it's still powered off, if it is, could you please power it back on, and leave on standby so we can complete some testing from this end. 

Many thanks and apologies once more,

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Frazerglover
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw,

Apologies, box has been put back on standby now.

Thanks,
Frazer
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Frazer,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've tested this again and can still see the V Box is showing as offline. I've sent the relevant signals down the line anyway. Please start the box up again. Has this worked?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Frazerglover
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This has fixed the issue!

Thanks Rich!! Smiley Happy