Menu
sharkey666
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Invalid smartcard 3014

Hello,

I have receiver the error message "sorry, it looks like your SmartCard is invalid" and the code 3014. I think this is because the box hasn't been used for a while.

I have read from other posts that this can be fixed by some kind of signal being sent from yourselves so I wondered if this could be done please.

Thanks in advance for any replies/help
Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Invalid smartcard 3014

Hi there Sharkey666, 

First off I'd like to welcome you to the forums, and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing an invalid smart card error. This is normally the result of the set top box being powered off for some time, as the box needs to stay in regular contact with our servers. 

I've sent the signals to restore the card for you, this could take up to 24 hours, however the majority of the time, it is a lot quicker. Should you still be experiencing this issue once 24 hours of my posting has passed, please power off the box for about 5 mins then power back on. it may take up to 15 minutes for all services to come back at that point. 

After completing this, should you still be having an issue please let me know so that we can look into things further for you. 

Many thanks and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes. If you don't want to call in about it then by all means wait for a member of the Forum Team here to pick up on your topic - it is not a long wait.

Of course you can call in to 150 / 0345 454 1111 and report a TV fault (option 2) between 8AM to Midnight to get the same thing done (signals sent to your kit.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there Sharkey666, 

First off I'd like to welcome you to the forums, and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing an invalid smart card error. This is normally the result of the set top box being powered off for some time, as the box needs to stay in regular contact with our servers. 

I've sent the signals to restore the card for you, this could take up to 24 hours, however the majority of the time, it is a lot quicker. Should you still be experiencing this issue once 24 hours of my posting has passed, please power off the box for about 5 mins then power back on. it may take up to 15 minutes for all services to come back at that point. 

After completing this, should you still be having an issue please let me know so that we can look into things further for you. 

Many thanks and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Jill84
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have same problem box was off for few weeks
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Jill84, 

Welcome to the community, I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue with the smart card becoming invalid. 

I've done some testing on your connection and it appears as if your set top box is currently powered off, as we are unable to communicate with it. Could you please power on the box, and let me know when you've done so, in order for me to run some further testing. 

Apologies again

Huw

0 Kudos