Menu
Stu6881
Tuning in
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Invalid smart card

Hi, I've had my V+ box unplugged for a few months and it's saying invalid smart card. I believe it's a simple fix for virgin to do remotely. Can you help please kind virgin admin people. Thanks
Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Invalid smart card

Hey Stu6881

Welcome to the forums, if you reboot your set top box after reading this you should find it working, if that's not the case for any reason just let me know.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

It can take several days for this to be picked up here.

If your need is more urgent, please call 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0845 454 1111 from other.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey Stu6881

Welcome to the forums, if you reboot your set top box after reading this you should find it working, if that's not the case for any reason just let me know.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Bigstephy94
Joining in
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I also have this problem
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bigstephy94,

I've been trying to access the account and found that you're box is off? Can you let me know if this was on at the time I've checked today? 

While you're here, I'd like to advise in giving the card a wipe and make sure that it's inside with the gold part faced down Smiley Happy

Come back to us and feel free to PM myself Smiley Happy

Ben'Jamming

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
peterdan34
Joining in
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

i also have this problem. can somebody help me plz. its on one of my boxes that i have upstairs

0 Kudos
racheymags
Joining in
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi my Tivo box is saying the same and i have been on hole for ages on the phone trying to speak to someone, can you help please??
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hello racheymags, 

First of all I would like to welcome you to the forums and also say  I am sorry to hear that you were experiencing this issue, and of course for the delay in speaking to someone on the phone. 

I have located your account and can see that since making this post you have managed to speak with someone in the faults department, and this issue should now be resolved. Should you still be experiencing any issues by all means please let me know and I can investigate further for you. 

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
sarahk
Joining in
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi I'm new to virgin. And my tivo box in the bedroom says my smart card is invalid.
Also when do i get my pin for my free netflix.
Any help would be appreciated
Tia
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sarahk,

Thanks for coming by to us here and welcome back to us here at the Community Smiley Happy It's great to hear that your on board with us, we really hope that it's everything you love. 

I've been looking into this and so far nothing is really showing up on here as an issue, is this still the case? 

Also just for come good housekeeping with the boxes and cards, making sure that the gold chip is clean and also when placed into the box, it's facing down as far as it can Smiley Happy

Also as you're new to this, here's a helpful link on getting started http://virg.co/TiVo

Get back to me when possible as we're here to help Smiley Happy

Take care.

Ben'Jammin Smiley Happy

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos