Menu
pot-shadley
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Invalid smart card on V+ box

We have a Tivo as the main box with our old V+ box upstairs. The V+ box has now started to show 'Invalid smart card' error messages, and also 'You seem to be having a problem with this service' when trying to get to the V= content on the hard disc. We have tried to call 150 but all that tells us to do is re-start our system which we have done a few times now with no change.

Why am I getting these errors and how do we stop them so that we can get the service that we are paying for?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Invalid smart card on V+ box

These errors can occur if you turn the box off at the mains for extended periods, but if the box is left in standby, then it may have developed a fault. If you have followed the pre-recorded instructions & the fault remains, then stay on the line & the faults team wil be able to run checks on the box remotely & hopefully diagnose the issue.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
pot-shadley
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The box has been off for quite some time now but a restart (as suggested by the automated information on 150) didn't work. The box is now on standby.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If the box has been disconnected from the mains for a while it will have missed updates that keep it live on the system. The faults department on 150 can fix this remotely for you, or you can wait for the Forum Team here to respond (which can take several days).

Ideally the box should be left in standby 24/7. If you do turn it off at the mains, it needs to be left on (in standby) overnight at least once a week to stop the issue recurring.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there pot-shadley, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been having this error code on your V+ box, and as nodrogd has said, this type of error is normally associated to a set top box being powered off for some time.

I've been able to locate your account and have run some testing to find out what is going on. I've now sent some signals in order to get things back up and running for you. These signals can take up to 24 hours to complete, however normally will be a lot quicker.

Should you still be experiencing this issue once 24 hours from now has passed, please power off your V+ box for about 5 minutes, then power it back on. Please allow the box 15 minutes to start up and then test the connection again.

Should you still be having issue, please let me know

Many thanks and apologies again

Huw 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
pot-shadley
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for sorting this out. I will test and let you know.

0 Kudos
pot-shadley
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

All working fine thanks. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos