Menu
Sharonbacon
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Installation

Installation was booked for 16th March. Engineer called and said that there was no service box for the house. Called installation team who were sending out an engineer today to investigate which he did but I had not contact with him as he was out in the street. When am I going to get this sorted as will have to sign back up with Sky if it is not happening.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation

The most likely situation is VM cannot find a service tee from their ducting to your property boundary. This will now involve a construction team, who will come in & do a survey. They will locate the street duct & draw up a plan (look out for green paint on the pavement outside). They then have to apply for a permit from your local authority to dig the pavement, & also contact all the other services to see their work will not interfere with other infrastructure. This is the most lengthy part of the process & can take several weeks.

Once the "tee" is installed it then takes another week or so to get the cable pull team in to pull the drop cable from the cabinet, then you can finally get installed.

Not what you are wanting to hear I know, but when the original cable companies put the ducting in during the early 90s the time constraints put on the construction teams meant that some homes ended up without tee's. These were never documented, so are having to be done as they are found.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation

Hi Sharonbacon

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your installation recently, I can see that you've spoken to the team since your post and confirmed the appointment for us to get this working.

We'd love to hear how it goes and I'll be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig 

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos