Menu
shutterbug
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Increase in fees for watching yet more repeats

I've just received notification that yet another rise in fees is due, and of course the first thing that came to mind was, Ooo, lovely. Does this mean we are only paying an extra £4 a month for the privilege of watching yet more repeats? What do you think the chances of actually getting some NEW programmes might be?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Increase in fees for watching yet more repeats

There are plenty of new programs to watch if they meet your requirements.

If there are no programmes for you, other than repeats, then you should take this opportunity to cancel you services with Virgin Media.

EJ72
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I think VM is shocking value for money

EJ72
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That's how you would reply to someone...If you don't like it just go! Not exactly constructive really!

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

EJ72 wrote:

That's how you would reply to someone...If you don't like it just go! Not exactly constructive really!

With respect to the OP's point regarding repeats and lack of programmes then it is correct. It is the channel owners who decide what programmes are shown. So if the channels/programmes available are not to your liking then the obvious question is, do you need Pay TV or are you with the right Pay TV company?

Given that the recent price increase provides the opportunity to leave then this might be the time to go.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
EJ72
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Frank VM is not value for money and I myself are having real issues with them as I cannot send any emails and cant watch the on demand service even though I am paying almost £100 a month

When VM advertise on Tv they state they have the best webmail service and  also that they have a catch up/ on demand service  that rivals Sky... that is clearly not the case when I cant use either service so their ads in my case have been false advertising to get me to sign up

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

EJ72 wrote:

Frank VM is not value for money and I myself are having real issues with them as I cannot send any emails and cant watch the on demand service even though I am paying almost £100 a month

When VM advertise on Tv they state they have the best webmail service and  also that they have a catch up/ on demand service  that rivals Sky... that is clearly not the case when I cant use either service so their ads in my case have been false advertising to get me to sign up

I never said that they were value for money, I have made my own views on VM clear in other threads.

The point I was making, in reply to the OP, is that whether or not repeats are broadcast is the decision of the individual channels. If a customer is not happy with the programmes/channels provided by VM then this is the time to cancel as allowed by the price increase.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
praxis
Superfast
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Problem you face is now there are way to many channel's
0 Kudos