Menu
pdfbt40
Up to speed
Message 1 of 29
Flag for a moderator

ITV Encore

Is VM negotiating for this new channel or will it always be a Sky exclusive from June ?

pdfbt40

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 29
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: ITV Encore

Hi pdfbt40

I just wanted to confirm that there is no information regarding ITV Encore coming to Virgin at the moment.

I understand your desire for official clarification on this matter, but our superusers are a massive help on the forum and their input must be as greatly appreciated as ours. 

I hope this helps

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 29
Flag for a moderator

It will be exclusive to Sky until the initial deal runs out.

http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/itv-encore?DCMP=knc

With BSkyB still owning a stake in ITV, it doesn't surprise me. Like with the additional ITV HD channels, we will have to wait.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
pdfbt40
Up to speed
Message 3 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Yes thank you, but I'll wait for an official VM position on their forum, rather than their current silence.

Without that, based on current Sky and ITV announcements, as with previous new channels, its speculation.
pdfbt40
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 29
Flag for a moderator

pdfbt40 wrote:
Yes thank you, but I'll wait for an official VM position on their forum, rather than their current silence.

Without that, based on current Sky and ITV announcements, as with previous new channels, its speculation.

Why should VM have an "official position" on a channel that Sky have announced as an exclusive?

Do they have an official position on other channels that are on Sky but not VM, e.g. Sky Atlantic?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
pdfbt40
Up to speed
Message 5 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Not that I should have to answer to you, but I'd like an answer from VM because they (and preceding names) take my money every month for over 20 years. They should be perfectly capable of speaking for themselves rather than relying on others and speculation.
pdfbt40
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 29
Flag for a moderator

pdfbt40 wrote:
Not that I should have to answer to you, but I'd like an answer from VM because they (and preceding names) take my money every month for over 20 years. They should be perfectly capable of speaking for themselves rather than relying on others and speculation.

There was me thinking that, as this was a user forum, I could express my opinion Smiley Happy

To repeat, what do you want them to respond to? I don't see that they are relying on others and speculation. If you want the formal position on Encore then look at the Sky web site.

"ITV Encore is a brand new channel dedicated to the very best of ITV's British drama launching on Monday 9 June, exclusively on Sky."

Seems clear to me. Why would VM comment on something exclusive to Sky?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
pdfbt40
Up to speed
Message 7 of 29
Flag for a moderator

I think I did answer your questions, well to my satisfaction. Perhaps you could clarify what you don't understand?

By all means express an opinion. However you directed 2 sentences I thought at me, with a ? at the end. Those are questions, not opinions.

I see no reason why VirginMedia can't just confirm, as previously, whether they are or aren't talking, formally or informally on this channel.

I'm sorry, but despite working in technical industry for several decades, I never learnt to translate or add the words to vague (or no statements) to turn them into an unambiguous message.
pdfbt40
0 Kudos
pdfbt40
Up to speed
Message 8 of 29
Flag for a moderator

PS On an upper level of co-operation and friendship, for the next 5 years, read today's release from VirginMedia/Sky.
pdfbt40
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 9 of 29
Flag for a moderator

pdfbt40 wrote:
I think I did answer your questions, well to my satisfaction. Perhaps you could clarify what you don't understand?

By all means express an opinion. However you directed 2 sentences I thought at me, with a ? at the end. Those are questions, not opinions.

I see no reason why VirginMedia can't just confirm, as previously, whether they are or aren't talking, formally or informally on this channel.

I'm sorry, but despite working in technical industry for several decades, I never learnt to translate or add the words to vague (or no statements) to turn them into an unambiguous message.

You started your response with "Not that I should have to answer to you". A strange tone to take on a discussion forum where the whole basis is that people post back and forward.

Your initial post asked the question "Is VM negotiating for this new channel or will it always be a Sky exclusive from June ? " and, as this is a user forum you received responses.

I thought that my responses were appropriate as it would be unusual for VM to comment on another provider's exclusive offerings, especially since the other provider has made the position perfectly clear.

There are suggestions around just now that several Sky channels may be coming to VM but, to reiterate, it is unlikely that VM will announce these until they happen. They do not, as a rule, discuss negotiations publicly. This is not uncommon in most industries.

¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 29
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi pdfbt40

I just wanted to confirm that there is no information regarding ITV Encore coming to Virgin at the moment.

I understand your desire for official clarification on this matter, but our superusers are a massive help on the forum and their input must be as greatly appreciated as ours. 

I hope this helps

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide