Menu
Reply
  • 302
  • 1
  • 26
pdfbt40
Up to speed
96,982 Views
Message 1 of 29
Flag for a moderator

ITV Encore

Is VM negotiating for this new channel or will it always be a Sky exclusive from June ?

pdfbt40

Helpful Answers
  • 13.7K
  • 561
  • 959
Forum Team
Forum Team
133,828 Views
Message 10 of 29
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: ITV Encore

Hi pdfbt40

 

I just wanted to confirm that there is no information regarding ITV Encore coming to Virgin at the moment.

 

I understand your desire for official clarification on this matter, but our superusers are a massive help on the forum and their input must be as greatly appreciated as ours. 

 

I hope this helps

Craig


New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide



All Replies
  • 10.12K
  • 999
  • 1.87K
Superuser
Superuser
96,978 Views
Message 2 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: ITV Encore

It will be exclusive to Sky until the initial deal runs out.

 

http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/itv-encore?DCMP=knc

 

With BSkyB still owning a stake in ITV, it doesn't surprise me. Like with the additional ITV HD channels, we will have to wait.

SU1617jpeg.jpg


Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile


 

0 Kudos
  • 302
  • 1
  • 26
pdfbt40
Up to speed
96,969 Views
Message 3 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: ITV Encore

Yes thank you, but I'll wait for an official VM position on their forum, rather than their current silence.

Without that, based on current Sky and ITV announcements, as with previous new channels, its speculation.
pdfbt40
0 Kudos
  • 4.28K
  • 102
  • 1.14K
frank_gm
Community elder
96,964 Views
Message 4 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: ITV Encore


pdfbt40 wrote:
Yes thank you, but I'll wait for an official VM position on their forum, rather than their current silence.

Without that, based on current Sky and ITV announcements, as with previous new channels, its speculation.

Why should VM have an "official position" on a channel that Sky have announced as an exclusive?

 

Do they have an official position on other channels that are on Sky but not VM, e.g. Sky Atlantic?

 

 

 

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
  • 302
  • 1
  • 26
pdfbt40
Up to speed
96,959 Views
Message 5 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: ITV Encore

Not that I should have to answer to you, but I'd like an answer from VM because they (and preceding names) take my money every month for over 20 years. They should be perfectly capable of speaking for themselves rather than relying on others and speculation.
pdfbt40
0 Kudos
  • 4.28K
  • 102
  • 1.14K
frank_gm
Community elder
96,952 Views
Message 6 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: ITV Encore


pdfbt40 wrote:
Not that I should have to answer to you, but I'd like an answer from VM because they (and preceding names) take my money every month for over 20 years. They should be perfectly capable of speaking for themselves rather than relying on others and speculation.

There was me thinking that, as this was a user forum, I could express my opinion Smiley Happy

 

To repeat, what do you want them to respond to? I don't see that they are relying on others and speculation. If you want the formal position on Encore then look at the Sky web site.


"ITV Encore is a brand new channel dedicated to the very best of ITV's British drama launching on Monday 9 June, exclusively on Sky."

 

Seems clear to me. Why would VM comment on something exclusive to Sky?

 

 

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
  • 302
  • 1
  • 26
pdfbt40
Up to speed
96,929 Views
Message 7 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: ITV Encore

I think I did answer your questions, well to my satisfaction. Perhaps you could clarify what you don't understand?

By all means express an opinion. However you directed 2 sentences I thought at me, with a ? at the end. Those are questions, not opinions.

I see no reason why VirginMedia can't just confirm, as previously, whether they are or aren't talking, formally or informally on this channel.

I'm sorry, but despite working in technical industry for several decades, I never learnt to translate or add the words to vague (or no statements) to turn them into an unambiguous message.
pdfbt40
0 Kudos
  • 302
  • 1
  • 26
pdfbt40
Up to speed
96,908 Views
Message 8 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: ITV Encore

PS On an upper level of co-operation and friendship, for the next 5 years, read today's release from VirginMedia/Sky.
pdfbt40
0 Kudos
  • 4.28K
  • 102
  • 1.14K
frank_gm
Community elder
96,907 Views
Message 9 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: ITV Encore


pdfbt40 wrote:
I think I did answer your questions, well to my satisfaction. Perhaps you could clarify what you don't understand?

By all means express an opinion. However you directed 2 sentences I thought at me, with a ? at the end. Those are questions, not opinions.

I see no reason why VirginMedia can't just confirm, as previously, whether they are or aren't talking, formally or informally on this channel.

I'm sorry, but despite working in technical industry for several decades, I never learnt to translate or add the words to vague (or no statements) to turn them into an unambiguous message.

You started your response with "Not that I should have to answer to you". A strange tone to take on a discussion forum where the whole basis is that people post back and forward.

 

Your initial post asked the question "Is VM negotiating for this new channel or will it always be a Sky exclusive from June ? " and, as this is a user forum you received responses.

 

I thought that my responses were appropriate as it would be unusual for VM to comment on another provider's exclusive offerings, especially since the other provider has made the position perfectly clear.

 

There are suggestions around just now that several Sky channels may be coming to VM but, to reiterate, it is unlikely that VM will announce these until they happen. They do not, as a rule, discuss negotiations publicly. This is not uncommon in most industries.

 

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
  • 13.7K
  • 561
  • 959
Forum Team
Forum Team
133,829 Views
Message 10 of 29
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: ITV Encore

Hi pdfbt40

 

I just wanted to confirm that there is no information regarding ITV Encore coming to Virgin at the moment.

 

I understand your desire for official clarification on this matter, but our superusers are a massive help on the forum and their input must be as greatly appreciated as ours. 

 

I hope this helps

Craig


New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide