Menu
Torridon2009
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

IPlayer Buffering

For the past week everytime I watch IPlayer on catch-up buffering either starts immediately or after 20mins. I come out of catch-up and reload, with the success of this approach completely random.

Any solution?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: IPlayer Buffering

Hi Torridon2009,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your BBC iPlayer app on Catch Up.

I'd love to look into this for you, but I need a few more details:

What box are you using (TiVo®, V+ HD, non HD V Box)?

If you have more than one box, are you getting the same buffering issue on all boxes?

Does this happen all the time or only at specific times of the day/evening/night?

Please let me know and I'll start the investigation on this and test your equipment to see if I can find any issues that are causing this to happen.

Many thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Torridon2009
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for responding.
The problem persists on this my Tivo box - it has deteriorated further since my initial post, and is now unwatchable.
I also have a V+HD box where IPlayer is more consistent - it buffers occasionally but not to the same extent, and no more than we experience with other Apps.
The only time we use IPlayer is post-8pm.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Torridon2009,

Thank you for getting back to me with that information.

I have run testing to both your Tivo® and V+ box. At the moment, I'm seeing a problem so I'm going to need to arrange an engineer to visit you in order to investigate this further.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the red envelope at the top left of this page.

Speak soon.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos