Menu
JimboX
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I live in southern England. Why can't I get TV Meridian news programmes instead of London

I live in southern England. Why can't I get TV Meridian news programmes instead of London?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I live in southern England. Why can't I get TV Meridian news programmes instead of London

Can I ask whereabouts you are (nearest town will do)? Virgin regions work by network build areas, not postcodes, so you are no doubt connected to a London "Headend" as are the rest of the customers in your area.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
JimboX
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I live in southern England. Why can't I get TV Meridian news programmes instead of London

Hi Superuser,
I live in Gillingham, Kent. Does this help?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yep. As i thought, you are downstream of a London network Headend, as is most of Kent, apart from Ashford, Dover & Folkstone. You will get London programmes on 101 & 103, but if you try channel 858 you may get an alternative BBC region, & on 870 or 871 you may get an alternative ITV region. I know this is the case in Tunbridge Wells. Unfortunately, if you dont get these you are stuck with what you've got, as VM cannot rebuild the network from the shoddy way the government cable authority insisted it was built.

London cable  franchises in yellow

Above is part of Virgins region map. The network areas in yellow are driven by London Headends.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
JimboX
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Superuser, Thanks for the info - what a bore! JimboX