Menu
meggie23
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I just wanted to change my TV package - not impressed

I am currently on XL, but have for a few months now considered it an unnecessary luxury as I do not watch BT Sports. The recent price rise and job change was the final straw and so I decided to downgrade to L (now called Fun!). I telephoned and was told this would be a new contract and i would have to have a Tivo box. I thought that unnecessary as an upgrade does not require a new contract and moreover my V+ box is working well, thank you. But after being reassured this was not going to be more expensive than L, I agreed. I had realised that although this was a new contract I would not be treated as a new customer and so would not be given any nice deals, although as I have been a loyal customer since the Telewest days, it would have been nice. I was though taken aback to be told I would have to pay the £14.95 Tivo activation fee, even though getting this box had not been my idea.

Still feeling less than cherished, I have today patiently waited since 8am for my equipment to be delivered, but here we are, 6.25pm on my installation data and nothing; not even a text with tracking information. Not really good enough is it.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I just wanted to change my TV package - not impressed

Any change to your core package now results in a change to the latest equipment. You will get the same deal as a new customer, but without the introductory "switch supplier" incentive for the first 6 months.  The TiVO activation fee, which applies to all customers including new ones, was reduced from £50 to £14.50 a while ago.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I just wanted to change my TV package - not impressed

meggie23 wrote:

I was though taken aback to be told I would have to pay the £14.95 Tivo activation fee, even though getting this box had not been my idea.

Apparently it's a one off activation fee.  That gets charged continuously throughout your relationship with Virgin.    Was increased from £9.99 on 1st September.  You should have probably told them your V+ box wasn't working well and they would have replaced it free of charge...

What you should do whenever they charge you it is to get your router Hub and any additional boxes upgraded at the same time as one activation fee covers all the equipment.    

Should be fun when the new TV boxes arrive later this year. 

0 Kudos