Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I have xl but no HD channels available

What Virgin box do you have?

The old standard V boxes were bought out before the advent of HD, & you would need an upgrade. The others simply need switching to the correct mode.

Posting a photo of the box would be easiest, to allow us to identify it.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Mottau
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi I have a samsung Smt-2110cc box.. Is this old or can it be retuned?. Thanks very much
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yep. You need to upgrade.

You have 2 options now.

If you are happy with a box that doesn't record, you can upgrade to a VHD box. There are no increases in package charges for this. It comes as a self-install kit for a £20 delivery charge. This can usually be ordered via your "My Virgin Media" account online (go to "Upgrades").

If you want a box that records, there is the infamous TiVO box you see in all the adverts. It can record up to 3 channels at a time, plus has access to more OD content than the VHD (eg. Netfix & YouTube). This will add £5 to your current package charge (plus the self-install as before), although you may be better off moving to one of the Big Bundles which have it included.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

What Virgin box do you have?

The old standard V boxes were bought out before the advent of HD, & you would need an upgrade. The others simply need switching to the correct mode.

Posting a photo of the box would be easiest, to allow us to identify it.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Mottau
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi I have a samsung Smt-2110cc box.. Is this old or can it be retuned?. Thanks very much
0 Kudos
Mottau
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yep. You need to upgrade.

You have 2 options now.

If you are happy with a box that doesn't record, you can upgrade to a VHD box. There are no increases in package charges for this. It comes as a self-install kit for a £20 delivery charge. This can usually be ordered via your "My Virgin Media" account online (go to "Upgrades").

If you want a box that records, there is the infamous TiVO box you see in all the adverts. It can record up to 3 channels at a time, plus has access to more OD content than the VHD (eg. Netfix & YouTube). This will add £5 to your current package charge (plus the self-install as before), although you may be better off moving to one of the Big Bundles which have it included.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos
Mottau
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Nodrogd..thank you very much.appreciated.
0 Kudos