Menu
Sonlyme
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I don't have a DVD writer or a VCR, how to archive a recorded item from V+ box to PC to make DVD

As I say in the subject, I don't have a dedicated DVD writer or a VCR but would like to archive a recorded item on my PC so that I can transfer it to a DVD  (it's a programme that my grand-daughter appears in)

I've tried connecting the VCR - SCART output to a capture device connected to my PC and although I get audio I don't get video. Is there something else I should be doing?

thank you in anticipation

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I don't have a DVD writer or a VCR, how to archive a recorded item from V+ box to PC to make DVD

Sonlyme wrote:

As I say in the subject, I don't have a dedicated DVD writer or a VCR but would like to archive a recorded item on my PC so that I can transfer it to a DVD  (it's a programme that my grand-daughter appears in)

I've tried connecting the VCR - SCART output to a capture device connected to my PC and although I get audio I don't get video. Is there something else I should be doing?

The SCART output should work for both video & audio.  Check the cables.  I use VirtualDub or VirtualDubMod to capture video.  Have to confess  I have a DVD Recorder which I use rather than messing around with cables and having to carry my PC down to the TIVO box (don't have video capture on laptop).

Another alternative is to check if the program is on YouTube or similar.  And see if it downloads using keepvid or similar.

0 Kudos
Sonlyme
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I don't have a DVD writer or a VCR, how to archive a recorded item from V+ box to PC to make DVD

Thank you Arrgee 1991,

I'm connected from the VCR, SCART socket of the V+ to an Honestech VIDBOX with s-video connection for video and RCA connectors for Audio. I am using Serif Movieplus X6 to capture etc and usually have no problems from camcorders etc., so I suspect it is probably the VIDBOX that may not be compatible in some way with the V+ setup. How do you connect to your PC from the V+?

0 Kudos