Menu
Pammy88
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am so so mad!! Joined virgin three months ago well two and a bit..

First bill last month was £113!! was only supposed to be 29.99 but coz it was first bill was higher but we were told we wouldn't b charged for installation fee as we were first time customers and the guy that had our house before us had virgin on and we had our own boxes! But ended up being charged 45 quid for installation he was in five minutes plugged my box into my tv and that was it!! So anyways for at bill was paid nine days early! I then received my second bill today which is due 1st of October and that's saying it's 62 pounds just now!! Its only supposed to be 29.99 we got a deal supposedly it's 29.99 for 12months and then 39.99 afterwords with free weekend calls to land lines and virgin numbers also 0870 numbers and virgin media helpline!! I only took the fone because it was supposed to be a better deal and save me money which it hasn't and I am now leaving virgin I also had my sister and my two friends joining but I will be letting them know about my horrible experience and I will b moving onto sky or talk talk!! Also my mother in law is with virgin her bills r only supposed to be 40 odd quid but four times she got bills over 90 quid and she ended up leaving as well! I have a kid to care for I can't have these kind of bills hanging over me I decided to go with virgin because yous said the deal I would b getting would b amazing and I would never get charged anymore than my deal!! Now I'm gonna end up black listed Coz I cant pay that!! God I only get 76 quid pw!! Thats to feed myself and my daughter I'm so not happy so upset
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: I am so so mad!! Joined virgin three months ago well two and a bit..

Pammy88 wrote:
 I decided to go with virgin because yous said the deal I would b getting would b amazing and I would never get charged anymore than my deal!

That would be amazing for £30/month.  Have you checked your itemised bill?  

0 Kudos
Pammy88
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Arrgee1991 yes I have checked my itemized bill I'm getting charged a cover for something I don't even know what it's for and I signed up to the 12 month contract where I got done which is weekend calls to landline and and virgin numbers and unlimited broadband 50mb speed it is the medium package and I'm saving 9quid pm! I have been charged over 20 odd quid for phone usage fine hasn't even been touched only twice to call a landline and the rest of the times to call virgin so I am not happy!!
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Pammy88 wrote:
Arrgee1991 yes I have checked my itemized bill I'm getting charged a cover for something I don't even know what it's for and I signed up to the 12 month contract where I got done which is weekend calls to landline and and virgin numbers and unlimited broadband 50mb speed it is the medium package and I'm saving 9quid pm! I have been charged over 20 odd quid for phone usage fine hasn't even been touched only twice to call a landline and the rest of the times to call virgin so I am not happy!!

Call 150 and ask what the cover charge is. Also as I once found having free weekend/evening calls is ok only if every one in the house sticks to it.  Everyone in our house claimed to never use the phone during the day yet when I switched to weekend calls hoping to save money it cost me far more.  Seems like they all forgot those odd calls they make.

Also there are some sneaky little charges like calling back on 1471 (16p) and the calls to find mobiles which cost about 50p cos they ring thru to voice mail when there is no reception. I even got a charge for calling the cops after a theft.  I just have the talk unlimited now and moan at everyone else. 

If I had my way, I would get rid of the landline and just have a house mobile.  That would only cost £5/month. Seems mad to have to pay £17/month for line rental plus the talk unlimited at £7/month to get less.

0 Kudos
Pammy88
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yeah @argee1991 u said call 150?? O don't have a virgon mobile do I call that from mobile or house fone also doez it cost to record stuff on TiVo and does it cost to watch things on demand?? And no one else is in my household apart from me and my two year old daughter I hardly think she's gonna b making fone calls of up to 33quid Lol 😂😂😂😂
0 Kudos
ilike2burnthing
Rising star
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, call 150 from your house phone if you have a virgin landline. I would imagine the extra charge is the line rental which is £16.99 a month. That isn't a hidden charge, but usually in smaller text as you can see here - http://store.virginmedia.com/big-bundles.html

You don't pay to record on TiVo, nor watch things on demand, it's just renting films to my knowledge.

If you sign in to My Virgin Media - https://my.virginmedia.com/ you can see the breakdown of your bill, see what these extra charges are.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pammy88,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Virgin Media bills.

Community users arrgee1991 and ilike2burnthing have given helpful advice. If you would like to discuss your bill in detail, please give us a call on 150 from your Virgin Media landline--it is a free phone number from your landline--and take option 1, then option 3. 

If you have one of our unlimited home phone talk plans, you could use our Smart Call app to make calls on your mobile through a WiFi connection. You can find more information about Smart Call here: Smart Call Information

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Pammy88
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ilike2burnthing captain I know about the 16.99 line rental charge thats included in my plan and the broadband is 23quid with 9deducted for 12 months which should make it 29.99 pm but I found out that virgin are charging me 5pm because I don't have a direct debit set up and they were charging me 98per minute to call them but I got 16.98 bk from then as they shouldn't have been charging me to make calls to them!! I'm still not happy with my services I live in a flat four in a block and I'm 2 up it's all level my flat and when I go into my room or the toilet the broadband cuts off and says no connection! Now they want me to go into a Virgin shop and buy a booster which is 16quid (more money) but when I was with bt I was in a block of flats 14 in a block and I was on the 14th floor and my broadband still worked on the floor under me and still worked when I was in the lift going to ground floor only cut off on 3rd floor!! So y does my broadband not work with virgin media and I'm only in another room I shouldn't need a booster my speeds supposed to be 50mb which I think is crap coz my internet buffers all the time and cuts out regularly it's just myself and my partner that's use the broadband in the house at the weekends and my little girl watches programmes on YouTube on laptop in her room (which never buffers) and through the week it's just me that's using it on my fone and my little girl watches programmes on laptop in room!!! my bill this month is 66quid we have not used to house fone or rented anything out on TiVo box so where the f##k is all this coming from I'm really not happy paying this sort of money when one I Dont get what I'm supposed to get regarding my services and two my price plan is supposed to be 29.99 for 12 months then 39.99 there after this is supposed to be a deal!! Id rather pay the 39.99 (not in the deal) than paying £66 for **bleep** and I mean **bleep** I get standard free view channels and options to record play ffw rewind n stop and the medium broadband service which is 50mb!!!!
0 Kudos