Menu
Lom
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How to get help from customer service after failed connection

They disconnected Sky a week ago then disappeared.   So we have neither Sky nor Virgin!!!

Customer services are no help. Just pass us on after waiting for 15 mins then they say they've left a message and the man will get back to you. But this is now 7 days later and noone has rung

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to get help from customer service after failed connection

As VM is a separate network & issues can sometimes only be found at the point of installation, I always advise prospective customers to overlap their existing services. That way things like construction problems, which can take 1 - 3 months to fix, can be dealt with without the loss of existing services. Hopefully a member of the staff forum team will reply shortly, & can look into your problem.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Lom
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Superuser. In fact we ARE still paying Sky but Virgin disconnected it and left all the wires in a mess!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

VM should not be touching any Sky equipment or wiring without specific instructions from you.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lom,

Many thanks for joining the Community, it's great to see a new face Smiley Happy

I am sorry that the installation is taking longer than is should be, as Nodrogd has mentioned this would only be initiated with permission. I would like to ask if we have been able to give you a rough timescale or in fact a date of which we can get all the bits and bobs installed for you?

Take care and welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Lom
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

They did not have permission and no, no one has returned our many calls.  What a waste of time and effort! We are now over a week with no Sky or Virgin

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lom

I'm sorry to read that there's been a bit of bother on this and I would like to check on this for you but would need some additional information on this.

If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos