Menu
dizzydingbat
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How to get Virgin on new TV (and TiVo)

Hi there,

I currently have Virgin w/ TiVo set up in my lounge and now I'm thinking about getting a new TV in my bedroom but first, I'd like to know if it's possible to have Virgin on the new TV and also if I'll be able to access my TiVo box with all my recordings.

I live in a bungalow which is a blessing I suppose, as far as wires and connectivity go but since I'm going to be bed bound for 2 months soon, I really need to figure this out before I buy the new TV.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to get Virgin on new TV (and TiVo)

Your best bet would be to look at a really long HDMI lead, HDMI splitter, and IR over HDMI remote control sender.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
dizzydingbat
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hiya,
Thank your for your reply.

Would Powerline devices not be a better idea? Forgive me, I am sooo not tech minded and need the simplest, tidiest solution possible.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Powerline devices would provide an Ethernet connection (i.e. computer network), but nothing which would let you access the full content on your TiVo. Any Virgin Media box needs a direct connection to their network to function, and a subscription also.

If you're going to be in bed for a couple of months, it may be worth looking into getting the box moved.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
dizzydingbat
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Could you give me some linked examples of your above suggestions please as I have no idea what to look for. Thank you so much in advance.

0 Kudos
dizzydingbat
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Dizzydingbat, 

Firstly I'd like to say welcome to the forums, and thank you for your questions.

I've taken a look at the HDMI splitter that you linked, and to be honest I don't think that is what you would like - That seems to be a device which will connect three different devices to the one TV - Some TV's have only the one HDMI socket, so this can be a right royal pain if you want to connect a Set top box, a Blue Ray Player and other devices up to your HDTV, this device allows you to plug three things into the one HDMI socket.

We could certainly look arranging a second box to be installed in your bedroom, there could be an initial charge for this (depending on any offers that are available), and a monthly subscription charge of £6.50 (or £11.50 for a TiVo®). This would mean that you could then watch the full channels in the bedroom, should you decide that you only want a VHD box in the bedroom, then for the months that you will be bedroom bound (BTW sorry to hear this), you could move your TiVo® into that room. If this is something you are interested in then please give us a call on 150 or 0345 454 1111 and we can arrange that after passing security with you

There are other ways as will without purchasing a HDMI splitter - If the TV in the lounge is not going to be used, then you could get a long HDMI lead and run this from the TiVo® in it's current location, to your bedroom, and then as long as your TiVo® is connected to your broadband you could use the remote control feature of our TV Anywhere app to control things like changing over channel and accessing recordings. 

I hope that this helps you out. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos