Menu
Blujelly256
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How to download boxsets

Hi all,

I'm new to Virgin been a sky member for years, always wanted Virgin but was never in the area until now!

Is there anyway of downloading say the last 2 season of Big Bang Theory? I've tried using the search but I don't think it shows the latest? Same applies for shows like impractical jokers.

Or is there anyway I can get The TiVo box to start downloading new series?

Does it also keep on the look out for new series like sky does?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to download boxsets

You can't download boxsets as the tivos inbuilt broadband is supposedly fast enough to stream anything you want to watch

once you set up a series link it never expires and it will always find a new season provided it's still called the same thing, it doesn't for example work with american horror story, you can also set up wishlist for series you want to watch and these will work from any channel, wishlist can also record genres like horror or western or you can set it up to record a particular actor or actress you like 

I have one set up called pilot and it will pick up the 1st episode of any new series no matter what channel it's on, you can also add other keyword and in the case of this wishlist you need to make them negative keywords so it won't record programs this this like chopper plane airplane balloon test, this is achieved by adding a thumbs down next to the keyword

wishlists can be very powerful if set up correctly

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You can't download OD content onto Virgin boxes. The reason Sky boxes are provisioned with this feature is so that people on slower ADSL connections can watch content without persistant buffering. HFC cable works in a different way, by creating a unique linear channel on your section of cable with the content you want to watch. Similarly with iPlayer content, the TiVO has its own modem, for dowloading content, that doesn't tie up your broadband capacity.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Blujelly256
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice!

So for example another thing I've just noticed is that I've asked to record impractical jokers this Monday and record only new items.

It seems to be recording a re-run in Tuesday even though I've changed the setting to new only.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

if the meta data for the show was not provided tivo will record it if its not got the new/rerun data as a safety measure incase its new.
0 Kudos