https://imageshack.us/i/po8UGvhFj

How do I connect them ... what do I need to do / buy
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to connect these aerial wires

You appear to be trying to connect a terrestrial TV antenna coax cable to a Broadband / TV cable splitter.  The two are incompatible so the answer is ... you don't.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
bambamboyo
Up to speed
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The Virgin Media cable/splitter should not be connected to your TV directly, nor to the TV aerial cable.  Doing this will not work and will affect service for other users.  If you want to use Virgin Media for your TV, you should connect the cable to your Virgin Media Tivo box for example, and then connect the Virgin Media Tivo box to your TV using HDMI cable.

This video may help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1DAtUUpwlY

0 Kudos
Brainster
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm not trying to connect the splitter to my TV I'm trying to connect my tivo box and super hub to my house lol don't seem to have what's needed or maybe I'm missing something they said my house had all the installs ready
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Do you have a VM box on the wall anywhere?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Brainster
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can't find one anywhere just a couple different wires coming out of a whole in the wall
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can you post a picture?

Looks like you might have been sent a Quick Start kit when in fact an attended installation was needed.

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Brainster
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well the bottom two are coax, but look more like Sky coax than VM, I have to admit.

I think you'll need an attended installation, because somewhere you should have a box which looks like this one:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/would-like-BOTH-old-terrestrial-TV-co-...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: would like BOTH old terrestrial TV co-axial cable (and Virgin Broadband service)

Cable shouldn't be connected to any VM equipment without a safety isolator on the incoming network feed. Unless there are inline isolators in the install kit provided, an engineer will have to fit one into an internal wall box.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos