Menu
Jules6
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How many times must one ask for return of equipment pack to be sent out?

I've been asking for virgin equipment return pack to be sent out since last year November, my address confirmed and no less than 4 separate occasions I was told a pack has been requested to be sent out since my disconnection date. How difficult is it for virgin media to send out a simple pack for their equipment to be returned? Is this some sort of delay tactic to try and rip me off down the line for not returning their equipment which I cannot wait to send back to this abysmal company 

0 Kudos
C0deM0nkey
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How many times must one ask for return of equipment pack to be sent out?

They have a silly system whereby they cancel the return packaging if it is not required but don't think about letting you know.

If it's a standard TV box (not TiVo) then you can just dispose of it. My profile should show a post about returning TV boxes with this answer from a member of the forums VM team.

Alternatively I'd suggest one of the following:
1. A registered letter to VM stating that the equipment will be disposed of within 28 days if no contact is made.
Or 2. Pop into the local VM store, put the equipment on the counter, take a photo and run.

In my younger angrier days when my blood pressure was lower I'd have gone for a modified option 1. and levied storage charges for the equipment, then pursued through small claims.
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

C0deM0nkey wrote:
They have a silly system whereby they cancel the return packaging if it is not required but don't think about letting you know.
That is only half the story, they might decide one week that certain items need not be returned but introduce a different policy the following week. There was a thread on this subject around Christmas with a variety of different opinions put forward and even the Forum staff were confused because the policy changed, again, during the course of the thread.
VM's returns "policy", whatever that might be this week, is one of their failings that has gone on too long and badly needs sorted.

If it's a standard TV box (not TiVo) then you can just dispose of it. My profile should show a post about returning TV boxes with this answer from a member of the forums VM team.

Alternatively I'd suggest one of the following:
1. A registered letter to VM stating that the equipment will be disposed of within 28 days if no contact is made.
Or 2. Pop into the local VM store, put the equipment on the counter, take a photo and run.

In my younger angrier days when my blood pressure was lower I'd have gone for a modified option 1. and levied storage charges for the equipment, then pursued through small claims.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jules6,

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know that you've not yet received your returns packaging. 

I've gone into the account to check what equipment you currently have and the good news is you don't need to return this to us. 

Instead feel free to dispose of it responsibly. You can find your nearest recycling point here: Recycle More

If there is anything else we can do to help, just pop back here. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos