Menu
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 11 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: How many price increases per year?

Ernie_C wrote:

OK. Just because inflation is currently zero does not mean that all prices are static.

Some prices must have gone down to balance those that have gone up.

Some of the components, eg petrol, can go up or down.

Some elements, perhaps TV services are an example, seem to be always going up.

Exactly and that is the nub of the problem. If you read the forum, as you obviously do, you cannot fail to notice that many customers are dissatisfied with VM on a variety of issues. Instead of providing solutions VM impose multiple price rises.

I found the justifications that VM put forward in the increase letter to be laughable. If you compare these justifications to many of the comments to be found on these forums then it might appear to some that VM are not listening to their customers.

I want VM to be successful but I fear that they are in danger of shooting themselves in the foot.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
Superuser
Superuser
Message 12 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Frank, I totally agree with what you say. There is no excuse for poor service and increased prices but, unfortunately, in this consumerist country we now live in, the majority will continue to do business with all suppliers who will just continue to jack up the prices. It must be difficult to justify expenditure on support when the money keeps rolling in and the return on additional expenditure is low.

0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 13 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I think several people will start to move on,we have more yet more increases and long term customers will have enough. We are living in a difficult climate and we need help rather than increased unfair pricing
0 Kudos
Johnvirg
Tuning in
Message 14 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Usually large corporations base their price increases on the published RPI, and certainly not 5 or 6 % above it.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 15 of 21
Flag for a moderator

The technology sector is very active, & the more data hungry it gets the more providers like VM have to spend, not just on their networks, but the energy required to run these networks. They also have to compete with eachother, try to deal with the government's ever changing demands on what they should be doing, & make a profit.

We have to face it, they are ALL raising their prices, & its likely to continue. The tactics to get people to jump ship are also getting bolder. Many of them now offer to pay off part, if not all of the contract termination fees imposed on leaving customers by their competitors

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 16 of 21
Flag for a moderator

They should all be looked at with regards pricing policies and their inflated prices. Maybe an external referee should look into it,like an independent advisor eg utilities companies
0 Kudos
cruising
Superfast
Message 17 of 21
Flag for a moderator

All the small details of the price rise become irrelevant when we all know corporate companies care about one thing only...bottom line profits.

Today there are very few corporations that give any thought about looking after customers, loyal or otherwise.

The general policy, and VM seems to prove this with room to spare, is to squeeze every last penny out of everyone. They will try to get away with every trick in the book  e.g. the £3.99p dodge in the price increase that is supposed to fool you that it isnt £4

Logic just doesnt come into their thinking.

Nothing seems to convince them that a more honest relationship with their customers coupled with a solid dependable product that works properly and consistently would benefit the company in the long term.

anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 18 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Very much agree with that last point,unfortunately customers are second to anything else
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 19 of 21
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:

The technology sector is very active, & the more data hungry it gets the more providers like VM have to spend, not just on their networks, but the energy required to run these networks. They also have to compete with eachother, try to deal with the government's ever changing demands on what they should be doing, & make a profit.

We have to face it, they are ALL raising their prices, & its likely to continue. The tactics to get people to jump ship are also getting bolder. Many of them now offer to pay off part, if not all of the contract termination fees imposed on leaving customers by their competitors

That is OK then, maybe we should all volunteer to pay even higher increased prices.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
MarkSmith
Tuning in
Message 20 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I totally agree with the comments on here and think it's disgusting GREED. My payrise wasn't even 2 percent last year yet I keep having to pay extra for amenities, Virgin, Council Tax and Rent etc. I've never been with Sky either but it's only a phone call or a price increase away. (Next month I reckon heck why not do it EVERY month your halfway there.) 

0 Kudos