Menu
Nini
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How does Virging tv work?

Hi, this might sound silly, but how exactly does the Virgin tv system work? We've only ever had Freeview so I am not sure.

We already have fibre broadband with Virgin so we have the box that's attached to the wall. However would that same box need to be connected to a tv? Because our tv is on the opposite side of the room and I have no clue where a cable could run (it would always be in plain sight)...

How does the connection work? Also, would it be a better signal than Freeview? Because as soon as it's a bit windy (or sometimes not even windy at all), our signal completely messes up. Which is the main reason we are looking at tv packages.

Also, we have two tv systems set up right next to each other as we are keen gamers; would we be able to get both tv sets connected or would we have to pay extra for that?

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How does Virging tv work?

TV on Virgin is distributed in the same way as Freeview or Satellite. In other words large chunk of radio spectrum is used to "broadcast" all the channels down the cable all the time. The TV box simply selects the ones it needs (V6 boxes have 6 separate TV tuners, so you can record 6 channels simultaneously). Virgin TV is not affected by the weather.

An engineer will install a splitter near your hub & run a cable to where the V6 TV box is needed. The only alternative to this is if the new location is next to an outside wall & the cable can be routed externally.

If you want to feed 2 TV's with the same signal then an HDMI splitter on the V6 output cable will do the job.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Nini
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How does Virging tv work?

Thanks for your reply.

I guess that means getting Virgin TV is a no-no for us, as we can't just have a cable running through the middle of our living room. And we have no external walls (terraced house), so that doesn't work either. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos