Menu
Carl2159
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

House move Quick start kit

Just moved house and Virgin supplied a kit to get me started. This was no use at all. Had to return to previous property and collect cable from there, only trouble is the cables are to long. I need to shorten TV and Broadband cable be can't buy the crimped connections anywhere. I need 6, can anyone help as the cabling looks a mess. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: House move Quick start kit

Carl2159 wrote:

Thanks, yes the ones supplied are push fit, but are to short, hence why I had to retrieve previous cabling. 

You might find you have service issues with the longer cables if there's a significant difference in length - the signal strength at the end of the cable is tuned by the tech conducting the installation and is fairly sensitive to the length of cable.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos

All Replies
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You can call virgin and say your require a technician, the cabled to get you started are push on ones, they should be okay
0 Kudos
Carl2159
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, yes the ones supplied are push fit, but are to short, hence why I had to retrieve previous cabling. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Carl2159 wrote:

You might find you have service issues with the longer cables if there's a significant difference in length - the signal strength at the end of the cable is tuned by the tech conducting the installation and is fairly sensitive to the length of cable.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos