Menu
Mawbs
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

High pitch noise

Hi - we've just got Virgin TV.  When we watch any commercial programmes, after every advert there is a very short high pitch noise.  Is this a known problem, or is there something in the settings we can turn off.  

Thanks   

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: High pitch noise

Hi Mawbs,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting this high pitched sound after each advert.  I'd like to help check this out for you.

Do you have any audio equipment connected like surround sound?If you do, will the same happen if it's disconnected?

There's also an audio setting you can check to see if it helps, follow these steps: HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > DOLBY DIGITAL > CHANGE IT TO THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT IT'S CURRENTLY SET TO.

I wouldn't have thought this would have any impact but it's worth ruling out.

Let me know how you get on, I'm here to help.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Mawbs
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but we went through the settings as suggested but nothing changed. We don't have suround sound so it can't be that! Any other suggestions?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mawbs,

Thanks for the reply and for checking the audio settings.

I can only think to suggest checking the audio settings within the TV set itself as well.  

I know this is a big ask, it's not a fault I've heard of before so would be interesting to hear the sound if at all possible.  Would it be possible to make a recording of this sound and post it here?

Don't worry if it's not something that's do-able.  

Another thing to try is a different lead that connects the box to the TV set.  Assuming you're using a HDMI lead it's worth replacing this to rule out it's not a lead fault.  When it comes to sound related issues, the lead is something I always like to rule out as well.

Let me know how you get on, it is a rather unusual one but we'll help check this out for you.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos