Menu
janesabo
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi can i link my virgin remote to Sony soundbar HT-CT80. I have an LG50PS300 TV please

Hi can anyone please help me to link my devices so i only use the one remote.

Sony soundbar HT-CT80

LG50PS300 TV

Virgin Tivo remote

0 Kudos
christet
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hi can i link my virgin remote to Sony soundbar HT-CT80. I have an LG50PS300 TV please

Unfortunately I don`t think there is a way to do this.  I have a Panasonic Viera and with my model you can`t even link the virgin remote to tv.

I have a soundbar - you should be able to link that to your TV remove but I don`t think you can link soundbar remotes to virgin.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hi can i link my virgin remote to Sony soundbar HT-CT80. I have an LG50PS300 TV please

Quite right you can't, you can link TVs not external sound equipment. Micky
0 Kudos
crypticc
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If your TV and A/V are both hdmi CEC compliant configure your Tivo remote to control the TV volume, and set your TV audio setting to "use A/V audio" or similar. And then when you change your YV volume using the TiVo remote it will change your amp volume via the tele. Doesn't matter that the TiVo isn't CIC compliant, your TV is (provided simplink is equivalent) so control via that.
----------------------------------------------------------
OVER UTILISED VIRGIN MEDIA in my SE London area 21 running since 2009, but potentially on its way to being resolved although still only 1/5th of advertised speed at times

Original TiVo video output scaling-bug

Virgin-TV-V6 Video-Output-Settings Scaling Bug

The day it started to go wrong again 2017

0 Kudos
zaust
Just joined
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Works fine - you just need to set up the remote with a Sony TV remote code.  

Press Clear and Volume Up on your remote until the green light flashes twice.

Type in 1011

Means you can't turn the TV off with the Virgin remote anymore but I tend to use the volume more often than the power anyway.

(I know I just necroed this thread but its still the first google hit and I just bought this soundbar tonight).

0 Kudos