Menu
Lyndsey3009
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!! tuning in remote

Hi I got my new tivo deliverered today my problem is the remote for the old virgin box no longer works after we have installed the new box, also the TV remote no longer works either for the TV ie sound, but the new remote volume doesnt work on the new remote i have tried all the codes and dont know whst yo do, I have a swisstec TV. I have followed the instructions to programme the remote but can't even get it to switch the TV off, any help would be appreciated Ive just spent 3hrs trying to fix this 😔
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!! tuning in remote

Hello Lyndsey3009,

Welcome to the community.

Because you have a new remote you will need to pair it with the television to use the mute and volume functions. I have added the instructions for this here so I hope this will be easier to follow. 

Please let me know if you're still experiencing problems pairing your remote to your television.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Lyndsey3009
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, we have done this and it still doesn't work do you have any other suggestions please
0 Kudos
EightBall
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What make is your TV?

Also, does the 0999 code do anything at all? If you use that code, hold the channel up button and watch the standby LED on your TV does it flicker at all?

0 Kudos
Lyndsey3009
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's a swisstec, yep done that aswell used all the codes on line nothing seems to work
0 Kudos
EightBall
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Programming the remote control can be tricky, so I know where you're coming from!

Swistech seems to have a lot of associated TV brands, cytronix was one that I found on the TiVo remote codes list. The code for that is 0746. Maybe try that?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lyndsey3009,

Welcome back into the Community and thank you for your post. I would like to help and i can see that you have already had some help, how did you get on with the code from EightBall in the end?

Keep in touch and thank you for your time. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos