Menu
Daytripper
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Help please

Has anyone been duped into a 12 month discounted package? Only to be told it's actually a 18 month contract.. I have actually got the email saying its a 12 month offer but VM saying its for 18 months.. Any advise before I offer it out to Twitter users
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help please

Daytripper wrote:
Has anyone been duped into a 12 month discounted package? Only to be told it's actually a 18 month contract.. I have actually got the email saying its a 12 month offer but VM saying its for 18 months.. Any advise before I offer it out to Twitter users

You have a 14 day cooling off period.  If you have an email confirming it, call 150 and speak to retentions. I'm sure they will honour it.

0 Kudos
Daytripper
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry .. Didn't explain it properly..I've had the 12 months at discounted rate as sold to me.. Bill has returned to full price.. Have been looking at other options which I have explained to VM..but they have said I am tied in for another 6 months making it a 18 month contract ? Hop that makes sense
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Daytripper wrote:
Sorry .. Didn't explain it properly..I've had the 12 months at discounted rate as sold to me.. Bill has returned to full price.. Have been looking at other options which I have explained to VM..but they have said I am tied in for another 6 months making it a 18 month contract ? Hop that makes sense

Because of the proposed price increase, you can call and cancel everything without penalty.  Just contact BT, Sky, Talk Talk etc. to replace your services.

Theoretically, you are tied in for another 6 months for the services.  Typically you used to get 12 months of discount on an 18 month contract (now contracts are just 12 months).

However, there is nothing to stop you downgrading them. So if you have the Big Kahuna Sports + Movies @ £92.00/month (excluding line rental), you can just downgrade to Big Easy for £24/month.  Only thing is that will tie you into a 12 month contract.  However given the frequency of virgin price rises (expect another in the new year), it is really only a six month contract.

0 Kudos
Daytripper
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for you reply .. So basically all I can do is downgrade my package so the lowest tariff for my unexplained remaining 6 months and look elsewhere for the sport which is the main thing we watch ...And then leave VM for good .. Certainly will never use them again after this
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No. You can cancel it right now. I assume like me you got an email about the price increase. This will allow you to give your 30 day notice up to the end of September.

As for sport, if it is just Sky Sports (and you don't care for HD) then Talk Talk have an £11/month offer or you could just get Now TV passes as and when. The latter is what I plan to do as the cost of sports is quite excessive these days, and I only want to watch the odd game. Alternatively give retentions a call on 150 and see if they will give you the £22/month sports offer.

If you want Premier Sport, BT Sport and/or Eurosport, options are a little more limited. Only Sky has all of these and I don't think it works out any cheaper.

To be fair to Virgin, down the years the cost and availability of sport is one of their better attributes. The bundling of Setanta and now BT Sport into XL, the PPV and Sky Sports season ticket and so on. I suspect it will probably cost more elsewhere in the long run.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Daytripper

Thanks for joining us on the forums and for popping by Smiley Happy

I can see that you've looked into this with the community and had some help from them which is fab. I can also see that you’ve spoken to the teams since your post to us and looked into alternative package options with us which is great Smiley Happy

If you need anything else, just pop on by with your post.

We'll be happy to support you.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos