Menu
bjorkalikee
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Help, my V+ box says 'STOP'

Hi, 

Our V+ box has been playing up for a while now, it's finally packed up and it just says 'stop' and won't do anything else. After a bit of research and seeing other people have the same problem I think we need an engineer. Can this be arranged please?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ASHMARK
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help, my V+ box says 'STOP'

If you want a prompt response, I suggest you call 150 from your virgin phone, or 0345 454 1111 from a non virgin phone, as these forums are really discussion points.  On the phone they will also check some things with you that can sometimes sort it out.  They will arrange the appointment for you if need be.

There is also a chat on line facility within the contact us screens  on line.

Having said that they do respond on here eventually but it sometimes may take a day or two.

This is based on my own experience and other people's may differ but I personally always try the phone help first and use these forums to  whinge on and to get feed back.

0 Kudos
bjorkalikee
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There might be people with the same problem on the forum or who have an amazing tip for rectifying the situation, so I don't think it was unreasonable to post the problem here. It's been playing up for weeks, so a couple more days isn't really an issue.

I have used the forums before and always had a pretty quick response, I do have reasons for not ringing first. I am also aware of the other options to get in touch with Virgin but thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

"STOP" usually denotes a dead box, so I would be ringing up ASAP. You are paying rental for a box that doesnt work, so its in your interests to get it seen to promptly (ie.as soon as is starts playing up). VM can usually get a tech out next working day & there is no callout fee.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
bjorkalikee
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes, we are getting it seen to promptly, my other half will be ringing when he gets home, as I have an issue with my hearing. I just posted to see if I could get some friendly advice or an engineer booked beforehand. As it's a secondary box upstairs, we don't use it all the time. It was working, just freezing now and then, we would restart it and it would be fine but yesterday it just wouldn't turn on, hence my post today.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there bjorkalikee, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing a fault with your V+ box, and I'd love to help you out. As the guys said, this error normally means that a technician will need to call out.

The forums are community based, which means users help each other out, we staff will pop in when needed. This can be a couple of days before we are able to jump in so this is why I believe the guys were advising it may be best to call in. Upon investigating, I can see that someone has now spoken to us, and you have a technician due to call out. Please let me know how everything goes.

Apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos