Menu
Geordie2
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Help connecting YouView box

Hi —

I have Virgin TV, Broadband and phone but would prefer to go back to my old YouView box setup as I don't like the EPG or way Virgin TV and the Tivo box work. I read this is easily done as YouView just plugs into the router and aerial socket. Unfortunately the aerial doesn't seem to be working any more but before I get someone to have a look at it I wondered whether anyone knew if that was because the Virgin cable coming into my home is plugged  into the aerial or has affected the aerial connection in any way?

Any help much appreciated, thanks!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help connecting YouView box

The Virgin incoming cable will have nothing to do with your rooftop aerial. The cable standards are different, as are the connectors used. Have you tried a full retune of the YouView box, especially if it hasn't been used in a while.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Geordie2
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I've retuned and also updated the software. Broadband is working fine as the full EPG is showing up but there is no aerial strength. It was working fine before I had the Virgin cable installed so don't understand what's happened.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Does the TV have a Freeview tuner?

If you plug the aerial directly into this & try a retune do you get anything?

If not then suspect the aerial. If it does find channels suspect a box fault.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Geordie2
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Great I'll try that - thanks v much!
0 Kudos