Menu
Mancamefirst
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hats off to VM

7 months into what I can safely say is the worst consumer experience of my all too long life, VM have today reached new depths. I've waited a week for an engineer to attend to look at my TIVO and V+ boxes both of which are losing channels several times a day and requiring reboots each time. VM can see this on their system and tell me it's unacceptable. I take half a day off work today to be home for my 4 - 7pm time slot. At 7:15 with no engineer I call VM to find out whatd happening only to be told he couldn't get an answer when he knocked at my door. **bleep**!! I've been sat in the bay window next to my front door since 1:40. I've only moved to reboot the bloody box twice at the other end of the room. No-one has been near. The response from VM is to put me through to the a team who can call the engineer. But when I'm put through they say there's nothing they can do!!!!! Since June I've spent 3months without a working phone, my broadband WiFi signal continues to drop out at least twice a week and I've given up series linking programmes because the TV service fails more often than Boris Johnson. Please God I can get out of this God forsaken contract
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hats off to VM

Hi Mancamefirst

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about the ongoing and most recent experiences you have had with your services with us. I am incredibly sorry that you have been affected by service issues and been inconvenienced in the way that you have with the engineer not turning up on the agreed slot for you.

I appreciate this needs to be rectified for you and I would like to see whatwe can do to support you with this.

For me to look into this further for you if you could get back to me on the pmI'm sending to you that you can find in the next to your forum name.

If you could get back in touch with me on this that would be great.

Kind regards and speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mancamefirst.

Just a quick catch up to check in to see how the services are since the engineer attended last week for you?

I have been advised that there had previously been similar faults reported in the area that also were affected by the intermittent service, and this was due to the power company working in the street and our cabinet losing power frequently.

I hope that since the engineer has been out for you that everything is now running smoothly for you.

Please keep us posted Smiley Happy

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Mancamefirst
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well if only.... I have had this issue on an almost daily basis for weeks (and several times a day on occasion) I reported it three weeks ago having put up with it since before Christmas. I waited a week for an engineer not to turn up, waited another week for an engineer who did turn up and nearly a week later its still happening. I'm sure any involvement of third parties is a coincidence unless they have been causing disruption in the area to numerous other folk for the same period. The 2 most recent incidents, the replacement TIVO box lost channels on Sunday at 10:00PM (I pm'd details) and yesterday evening again, everything went off apart from BBC1 (ch 101).

I guess I should be pleased its back to once per day again. Meanwhile the HD box continues to operate without fault or interruption. On the plus side broadband is working, my 200mb connection failed to allow me to steam Amazon Prime on Saturday afternoon, but what the heck. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us and I'm sorry to learn this issue is still ongoing.

I can see some concerning signal level issues with your box so I can only suggest arranging for another engineer to take a closer look as this isn't something we're going to be able to fix over the forum.

I'll just pop you a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Mancamefirst
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Rose. I am told this constantly but no solution is provided. I have replied to your PM. Television has been virtually unwatchable for 24hours (and literally yesterday late evening) . Constant pixellation and sound drops across all channels and all 3 boxes. Ridiculous situation. The only positive I can see is that at least I'm halfway through the flaming contract.
0 Kudos
Mancamefirst
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just to illustrate....  this is live TV recorded on my phone about 10 mins ago and a fair reflection of the service I am currently paying for.  Unreasonable no? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Mancamefirst,

I hope this issue has now been resolved for you but please let me know whether you're still experiencing any problems.

Take care

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Mancamefirst
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose engineer came on Monday. Determined the fault was outside my property. He said he would get someone to do something at the box in the street. I dont know when this was due to happen but I still had random pixellation yesterday evening.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Mancamefirst,

I hope this has been resolved for you now but if not are you still experiencing pixellation on all three boxes? And is it happening on any particular channel?

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos