Menu
stevethewheel
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Has anyone been charged for Sky Movies when they haven't accessed the Channels

My mother in law keeps getting charged for Sky Movies 1 and 2, and when we query the bill, we are told that she is obviously selecting to add the premium channels to her service from her Tivo remote control. She has had virgin for quite some time and this never happened until she downsized her package and had a new box to replace a faulty one. Although customer services do refund part of the charge to her, she is still paying for it for the month requested. I have tried to access it from my own tivo remote, and am unable to see how she could be doing it accidentally. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Has anyone been charged for Sky Movies when they haven't accessed the Channels

Hi stevethewheel,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that your mother in law keeps getting charged for Sky Movies 1 and 2 due to accidentally subscribing via her TiVo®. 

I've taken a look into things on our test box, but as they already have the movies on the account, I'm not able to go through the steps. However at home, I do not subscribe to the movies. When I tune into a movie channel on my TiVo® (I tested channel 404, it does ask me to click OK to subscribe. I did not go through the following steps, as did not want the movies added to my monthly cost, but this does seem to be a way of accessing them easier than scrolling through the menus. It does all depend on what the next screens advise. 

If this is the way that your Mother in law is accessing them, then maybe an idea would be to block the channels, however she would then only need to put the PIN in to get through the parental control, then follow the steps that have been done in the past. 

To look into blocking the channels, you would need to go to the following screen.

HOME > HELP AND SETTINGS > PARENTAL CONTROL > LOCK CHANNELS 

Please let me know if this happens again. 

Apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos