Menu
raucous
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hang on! Why do I pay £10 p/m more than new customer for same package?

I've just spoken to customer service because I wanted to add TV to our broadband & phone package. I've paid line rental upfront & have signed up to Full house TV with anytime calls. This averages out at £58.50 p/m over 12 months, without line rental.

I have checked out new customer deals and for the same package a new customer deal averages out at £47.58 p/m over 18 months for exactly the same package. Plus they get a free speaker or £100 of vouchers!!

I can understand them not giving me the speaker/vouchers but surely I ought to be able to get the same package price. I asked if i could get further discount for 18 month contract but was told I couldn't.

I don't really want to but perhaps I should cancel & switch providers.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hang on! Why do I pay £10 p/m more than new customer for same package?

hiya @raucous welcome to the virignmedia community forum, its the same with almost any ISP, cheaper for new customers and isn't going to change anytime soon.. you could try and haggle with customer relations choosing option 4 - 5 (thinking of leaving us), might be able to take something off the bill for contract renewal for another 12/18 months.. also when you joined might have got voucher/something for free.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
raucous
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hang on! Why do I pay £10 p/m more than new customer for same package?

So I gather @paultechy, unfortunately I have just renewed for 12 months with this deal - though I have 14 days to cancel. I don't think I got any voucher or special offer when I joined either!
I do think that giving gifts/vouchers etc. to new customers is quite understandable but you'd think they could offer a similar monthly price to the existing customers. I might have been prepared to go up to a bigger package if they did!
0 Kudos