Menu
Flossy744
Superfast
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

HOW MUCH LONGER

I and many others have been without on demand catch up since Tuesday last, if its not repaired very soon we shall loose Wednesday Thursday and Fridays BBC programs we follow each weekday and you only have 7 days to watch, 3 days left for Wednesdays episode.

They keep moving the goal posts as to when this is going to be repaired, now moved to tomorrow Sunday ( believe it when I see it)

They say problem Identified Engineer on his way, WHERE FROM MARS seems that way the time its taking.

paid for but I'm not getting what I pay for am I ?????

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: HOW MUCH LONGER

Hello Flossy744,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your On Demand.

I have been able to locate your account and I can see there is currently a fault regarding some of the BBC content which should hopefully be fixed for you very soon. You can check for any updates regarding faults in your area by going to the service status here.

Apologies again for any inconvenience this has caused and if you have any further queries let me know and I'll look into it for you.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Flossy744
Superfast
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back to me but this is really unacceptable, we have now lost a weeks catch up on a drama  and lots more my husband and I were following.

I repeat I have paid for my service but I am not getting it, I also realise things go wrong from time to time but a whole week and still not repaired its not good enough. I should be given a rebate, but all I will get is phone up and ask, if I do that its again at my cost as I don't have a phone with Virgin, so I loose out.

Need to really think about my contract, I have been with Virgin for a good few years.

Regards Flossy.

0 Kudos
surfskies
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Totally agree with Flossie. These sorts of replies are irritating & unhelpful & only make a bad situation worse.

The issue on the status page has been there for a week & all that happens is the fix time gets moved back time & time again. I spent 30mins talking to VM on Twitter yesterday only for the rep to end up by parroting the status page line at me, exactly as Rose_B has done here - information I can easily find for myself. The point is the issue isn't being fixed, no proper updates are being provided, and staff such a Rose B & the Virgin Twitter team only issue the same old platitudes over and over. They take the easiest route that involves the least effort on their part, instead actually trying to find out what the situation is.

WHY has this content been unavailable for over week?

When does Virgin ACTUALLY expect to fix it? (ie a REAL date, not just pushing the fix date back by 24hrs all the time).

If VM staff actually took the time to answer queries fully & provide some added value instead of parroting the same tired guff over & over again, they might find customers actually respond to this. We could be quite understanding. We're just fed up of the lazy, half-**bleep** attitude of these people who should be providing some customer service.

Flossy744
Superfast
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

You might find that your not able to watch some BBC iplayer on non-Tivo boxes ONLY on your Virgin Media TV Catch Up, on Demand or TV Choice service at the moment.
Our engineer is working to fix the problem.
Reference no: F004691261
Fix Estimate August 26 10:00

Get issue updates

This has been going on for 9 days now, all your doing is nothing but move Fix Estimate to the next day then the next day  and so on
For goodness sake get this repaired or give us back a rebate on the money Virgin has had from us and not fulfilled there part of the contract. 
0 Kudos
Ianmel
Dialled in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Surprised nobody has yet come on here from VM blaming the BBC for this as they usually do. Total shambles VM.

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

although we are generally happy with virgin, i agree that on this forum the copied and pasted same replies aren't good. my old company used to do this and we nearly lost a contract because of it.

people like personal replies not scripted ones for the general population.
0 Kudos
Flossy744
Superfast
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

And now its tomorrow and so we go on another day in the marathon wait for Virgin to fix it.

I have had it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Fix estimate

27 August 12:00

0 Kudos
surfskies
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Too late for most of the missing programmes from last week now in any case, Flossy, but I notice there are no BBC programmes loaded today (Friday), so it looks like the whole problem is starting up again.

Virgin's non-Tivo catch-up really is a shambles of a service.

0 Kudos
Flossy744
Superfast
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

surfskies wrote:

Too late for most of the missing programmes from last week now in any case, Flossy, but I notice there are no BBC programmes loaded today (Friday), so it looks like the whole problem is starting up again.

Virgin's non-Tivo catch-up really is a shambles of a service

Yes Surfskies, that's just what we thought its back to square one again and I totally agree its an absolute shambles.

What we were following has all gone now as its been going on nearly two weeks for us now.

My hubby thinks its a rouse just to get us to get a Tivo box and pay more, but that wont happen here as we only have the pension so looking at one of these new fangled SMART TV's where you can now get Free View Catch up.

I have never been so disgusted with Virgin.

Flossy

0 Kudos