Menu
LucyG1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

HELP WITH NEW REMOTE - how do I get to speak to somebody?

I kid you not, I am getting so upset with this setting up of remote control and have spent more than half an hour on the phone trying to get to speak to somebody about it and all I get is recorded messages, even going through the 0800 number.  Please can somebody help me?  Firstly, the new remote is model 11 (from the picture).  My TV is a Samsung but the codes on the back on the instructions are so very tiny I can't read them even with reading glasses.  I looked it up online and it said 4080 which was incorrect following the instructions.  I used a magnifier and I think it says on the back of the instructions 1812 but I'm not sure.  I went through the whole procedure and at the end it said 'use the volume control and you should see yellow lines', well I didn't and the remote doesn't seem to do a quarter of what the old one did.  The pause button doesn't work through live programs and I've had to go back to using the old remote which only works intermittently.   I would be very grateful if somebody would help me.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
LucyG1
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: HELP WITH NEW REMOTE - how do I get to speak to somebody?

I received a telephone call from the CEO office this morning which confirmed I had been sent the wrong remote.  A new one will be put in the post today.  AFter all my stress of yesterday, I am very pleased with this prompt reply to my email and hopefully resolution of the problem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: HELP WITH NEW REMOTE - how do I get to speak to somebody?

Hi LucyG1,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you were sent the wrong remote control and had to go through a stressful time to get it sorted.  This isn't what we like to hear.

I am so pleased though that our team got in touch to rectify this and help you out.

I'd love to hear how you get on when the new one arrives.  Please keep me posted, I'm here to help if you need me. Smiley Happy

All the best.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos